Running thread

Cheers mate. I'll take a look at the tempos as well. Let us know how you get on with the Alphas after a few more runs.
There's a lot of choice out there at the moment (New Balance RC elite, Endorphin speed etc.) so I'd probably be best getting to a local running shop and trying them on before splashing out.
I will keep you posted mate, ive a 9 miler to do on Wednesday so will probably give them another bash then.
Yep theres loads of choice alright, I have a pair of the endorphin speed, they are good, very light not very "springy" but they are fast.
I find with the running shops its hard to find one with the trainers you want, would be great to be able to go in and try the likes of the vapourflys and alphas before splashing out a shit load of cash on them, but I dont see anywhere selling them apart from online.

Just started back running, gonna do the run walk method till im comfortable. In the id go all out and punish myself into having fucked up legs. I need to train smart maybe this time !
Yep definitely do the run walk method first mate, thats how I started with a couch to 5k app, training smart is the way forward just ease your way into it. Good luck

I will keep you posted mate, ive a 9 miler to do on Wednesday so will probably give them another bash then.
Yep theres loads of choice alright, I have a pair of the endorphin speed, they are good, very light not very "springy" but they are fast.
I find with the running shops its hard to find one with the trainers you want, would be great to be able to go in and try the likes of the vapourflys and alphas before splashing out a shit load of cash on them, but I dont see anywhere selling them apart from online.
Seems like you've got a good shoe rotation then! I'm trying to add to mine but it's difficult convincing the missus that I need another pair!
I agree about the running shops. Tried on the Novablasts a few weeks ago so I was thinking them or the Endorphin Speeds but the Alpha/Vapors are a level or two up.

Anyway, I've been isolating for the last 10 days after testing positive so I'd run bare foot at the moment. Absolutely bursting to get back out! 4 weeks into my marathon plan and gutted to have missed a week and a half but no symptoms so will hopefully get straight back into it. Need to step it up now though!

My longest training long run, and my longest ever run completed today - 33km, or 20.5 miles, in 4 hours, 19 minutes. I'm very pleased with that. Could I add another 9km to this distance? Yes, I think so. Sheer determination will see me through on 10 October.

I started at 7:30am, and it was lovely and sunny. It remained sunny for the whole run, and it gradually warmed up throughout the morning.

For fuelling, I took four SIS gels with me, and took them at 6km intervals. I started the day with a protein bar, and had another after 10km. I don't find these easy to swallow though, so I will probably avoid in future. I also took five SaltSticks tablets to replace electrolytes during the run. I thought these would be very salty, but they aren't. They taste very nice.

I ran around Rostherne and through Mere and Bucklow Hill before coming to the Kilton Inn near High Legh. I spotted an outside tap. Unfortunately, it was not working, so I had another 4km to go before my first water break, at High Legh Garden Centre.

The route was fairly flat after this, and I got into a nice rhythm before stopping at my next water break at Poplar 2000 services. I had M&S version of Lipton's Peach Tea - so refreshing.

Finishing straight now, through some fields and along the Trans Pennine Trail to end back at Co-op in Heatley Mere for another drink and some chicken pieces, and a 1km walk home.

I'm suitably shattered, but confident of being able to complete my first Marathon. On checking my split times, my fastest lap was the 8th kilometer, at 6 minutes 50 seconds. My second fastest was the 33rd kilometer, which took 7 minutes and 3 seconds, which was a surprise.

We're off to Cornwall tomorrow for the week, so my running will be curtailed. I need some rest though.

Three weeks to go!
Good work. I’ve only done one marathon (London in 2016) and trained up to about 23 miles before cos I was just unsure of not training closer to the full distance. The training plan had 20 as the max and I’ve followed it again this time and not gone further (Did my 20 last week) It’s amazing what the event and other people around you can do to spur you on for that final bit beyond what you’ve done before. Trust your training and you’ll be reet! Im starting to taper now and enjoying the shorter runs for the next two weeks before race day on Sunday 3rd. Not long now!

Seems like you've got a good shoe rotation then! I'm trying to add to mine but it's difficult convincing the missus that I need another pair!
I agree about the running shops. Tried on the Novablasts a few weeks ago so I was thinking them or the Endorphin Speeds but the Alpha/Vapors are a level or two up.

Anyway, I've been isolating for the last 10 days after testing positive so I'd run bare foot at the moment. Absolutely bursting to get back out! 4 weeks into my marathon plan and gutted to have missed a week and a half but no symptoms so will hopefully get straight back into it. Need to step it up now though!
I had this and missed week 9 of my plan as missus tested positive so I had to stay home too even though I was neg. I filled in with Zwift in the garage to keep the legs moving and stay sane. First run out after ten days isolation was bliss!

I had this and missed week 9 of my plan as missus tested positive so I had to stay home too even though I was neg. I filled in with Zwift in the garage to keep the legs moving and stay sane. First run out after ten days isolation was bliss!
Yeah, I've been doing a bit of leg & glute work which I never do but just wanted to feel like I was doing something. Can't wait to get out tomorrow. Forecast rain for the rest of the week here in Valencia so that'll be nice after a scorching summer!

Quick question, I run once twice a week, nothing serious 5k's 28 minutes.

Last week pulledcmy calf, today went out again, same pain.

How long should I rest, any tips on getting it better

To all of you doing The Great Manchester Run on Sunday good luck! My daughter is a student at UoM and has volunteered as a marshall and will be somewhere around the finish line handing stuff out to all you worthy runners!

To all of you doing The Great Manchester Run on Sunday good luck! My daughter is a student at UoM and has volunteered as a marshall and will be somewhere around the finish line handing stuff out to all you worthy runners!
Chucked in a late entry today, my taper for london has left me 14 to do on sunday, so thought why not!! Just have to try and take it easy........ Like that'll happen!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.