Running thread

Gutted . Was well into my marathon training and now been hit with Covid. Ill just have to have the mindset of rest and recuperate
Just saw your post from Sunday and pressed like (I based my training on Hal Higdon). Saw today's post...don't like.

However, it's a marathon, not a sprint and there's plenty of water to go under the bridge yet. Marathon training is designed to get you to the start line in decent shape. There will be set backs, possibly illness and injury. But plenty of time to recover. Rest and recuperation is part of training. Good luck.

Gutted . Was well into my marathon training and now been hit with Covid. Ill just have to have the mindset of rest and recuperate
What Gaz and Tommy said.

If you're symptomless, there are ways of training at home, e.g. running up the stairs many times. Obviously being very careful. Static bike / treadmill if you've got either of these?

Just completed a comfortable 8km, at an average of 6:48. I'm very pleased with this, as I am now 9 days into a course of iron tablets, which were prescribed to increase the iron levels in my blood, after being diagnosed with anaemia.

The anaemia has made me feel very lethargic, and most of my runs would have been interspersed with periods of walking, before the treatment. So it looks and feels like I'm on the mend.

I need to find the cause for the iron loss now.

you feeling tired a lot aswell?

What Gaz and Tommy said.

If you're symptomless, there are ways of training at home, e.g. running up the stairs many times. Obviously being very careful. Static bike / treadmill if you've got either of these?
Unfortunately it has hit me for 6 the last couple of days This is the 4th day and feel a bit better, enough to do an Abs work out for 10 mins and 100 press ups . I’ll do leg work out later on just to keep me ticking over.

Unfortunately it has hit me for 6 the last couple of days This is the 4th day and feel a bit better, enough to do an Abs work out for 10 mins and 100 press ups . I’ll do leg work out later on just to keep me ticking over.
Also make sure you drink plenty of fluids, I was lucky that the mrs delivered 8 cans of ipa to my room most nights so was able to flush the virus out.

Also make sure you drink plenty of fluids, I was lucky that the mrs delivered 8 cans of ipa to my room most nights so was able to flush the virus out.
Haha yeah I’m making sure I’m drinking plenty of water. Got the obligatory Lucozade original, always a cure when unwell. I still managed to drink my Tsingtao beers for the City game the other night and will force a few more down my neck tonight, it is weekend after all;)

Haha yeah I’m making sure I’m drinking plenty of water. Got the obligatory Lucozade original, always a cure when unwell. I still managed to drink my Tsingtao beers for the City game the other night and will force a few more down my neck tonight, it is weekend after all;)
Good man, thats the spirit, force them down if you have to, but just make sure you gets enough

you feeling tired a lot aswell?
Generally, yes. It's been creeping up on me for the last six months. Nothing too drastic, and some additional symptoms after I scaled the running down after the marathon.

Yesterday's run was my best in ages though, so the iron supplements must be doing their job.

Haven't ran since the Alton Towers HM 5 weeks ago, combination of injury, weather, lack of motivation...... however, I got a Garmin Fenix watch for my 40th at the weekend, so probably need to start making use of it and get back out there! Anyone else got a Garmin, and any tips or features I will find useful?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.