Running thread

They are on prescription, but they have made a big difference. I ran 5km yesterday in 32 mins dead. That's five minutes faster than I could manage before I was taking them. I ran Parkrun in 33 minutes on Saturday and felt very comfortable. Hopefully I can get back to the 27 minute mark that I was achieving a year ago.

I didn't know my iron was low until I had blood tests about three weeks ago. If you are feeling lethargic, and can't identify a cause, maybe have a word with your doctor.

I now need to find out why my iron is low, so I've been invited for tests in the new year. This will mean a camera into my bowels, and another into my stomach to look for any irregularities. I've had the bowel one before. I can't say I'm looking forward to the one down my throat and into my stomach though.

I've just ordered an all in one, iron and Vit A.B, C & D from Amazon.

I'm already under the docs for issues with an overactive bladder and they are taking the piss out of that (literally)

You will get back to them for sure. I'm running but on my own at a labored pace. Have my left foot with heel pain through to my back of my leg, achy knees and then a very painful pressure point on the bottom of my right foot (don't know what that is )

Not sure what's happened to me or who I've become. Usually couple days before Christmas it'd be pub pub pub from lunchtime Monday. Suppose working from home and no temptation makes the difference. This morning needed to post some cards so took chance to jog mile round block before work. Then during lunch break 5 mins jog, 20 mins steady, 5 jog.

Ive had manflu for 2 weeks, in fact every symptom of covid going, but negative tests which is good. My chest has been like an old set of bagpipes and coughing like a bastard with sweats and fatigue. Rubbish. Started to feel better on Sunday and good progress since. Hating not being able to do my miles and I feel like a bag of piss. I went to the gym last Wednesday and it was a stupid idea, made it worse. Been a bit weak in the legs which is a horrible feeling. Anyway, just to get things moving again Im going to get out for a long walk this afternoon. Mental to go from doing 6 miles comfortably 3 times a week to being so shitty. Got to start somewhere eh?

Not sure what's happened to me or who I've become. Usually couple days before Christmas it'd be pub pub pub from lunchtime Monday. Suppose working from home and no temptation makes the difference. This morning needed to post some cards so took chance to jog mile round block before work. Then during lunch break 5 mins jog, 20 mins steady, 5 jog.
Sounds as though you are in a good place fitness-wise. You must be feeling in good physical shape. Keep it up!

My fitness drive started about four years ago - two years before retirement. I managed to lose around four stones, and that's when I started running. Life has been so much better with the running.

Sounds as though you are in a good place fitness-wise. You must be feeling in good physical shape. Keep it up!

My fitness drive started about four years ago - two years before retirement. I managed to lose around four stones, and that's when I started running. Life has been so much better with the running.
Feeling ok cheers mate, was meant to go out yesterday but l due parcel delivery and disappointed I couldn't get out. I lost about stone and half during lockdown but noticed putting little back on. Decided not to worry about it until New year now. Lots of stuff going on with my partner's parents. They've recently moved into a care flat and the mum fell so been in hospital for 2 weeks. Recently diagnosed with Parkinson's and dementia so she'll never be home again. I find going for run helps me escape and gives me a break from it all. Just helps clear my mind. I'm happy with my running doing 5k in roughly 30 mins easily enough, only been running 18 months and be 60 soon so happy just to stay injury free. Not worried about going longer distances like HM or M

Don’t know if anyone else on here took part, but did the Round The Walls race this morning. Grim weather for the 6.5km, incorporating the race course and the walls, but enjoying some carbo loading now.
If you’ve never done it before and fancy a Boxing Day run each year, I’d recommend it.

Steady 5 miles this morning, tough into mostly head wind. Tough enough after burgers, chips and donuts during match last night. Happy New Year everyone you've all been an inspiration to me throughout the year. My only aims for 2022 try to stay injury free and do one mile more than this year

It's not nice, having low fitness. This morning I struggled to run 1 mile but I must be disciplined and understand that, if I need to rest, then I need to rest.

Relatively recently I was running several consecutive 60-mile weeks before needing a break. Now a couple of 20-mile weeks are knocking me out!

I will work hard to get my fitness back but I must understand that it will be a gradual process.

It's not nice, having low fitness. This morning I struggled to run 1 mile but I must be disciplined and understand that, if I need to rest, then I need to rest.

Relatively recently I was running several consecutive 60-mile weeks before needing a break. Now a couple of 20-mile weeks are knocking me out!

I will work hard to get my fitness back but I must understand that it will be a gradual process.
We must all have dips in fitness from time to time. All I can say is thank you for all your encouragement and valued advice this year, and in previous years. I'm sure you will get back to full fitness in due course.

For me, this has been the year of the marathon - my first. It's thanks to you guys on here that I signed up for it, and I'm so glad I did. I think I could have done better, as I have since found out that I have had anaemia for probably most of this year.

Next year will be a time for me to initially cast off the post-marathon, post-Christmas extra pounds. Around 14 of them to be specific. Then I'll try and get back to my fitness of a year ago. Since I've been on the iron tablets to sort out my anaemia, I've felt a lot better, and have brought my 5km time down by 6 minutes in the last three weeks. Good signs as we go into 2022.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for your support and advice this year, and best wishes to you all for a healthy 2022, with lots of enjoyable running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.