Running thread

Parkrun this morning. Decided not to kill myself so paced myself and went round in just over 21 minutes. Have to say going a bit slower made it much more enjoyable. Rather than hanging on for dear life, feeling rough as toast it was quite liberating passing people on the home straight, legs still feeling good and then still ok for a dog walk straight afterwards.

New Years resolution mix up the Park runs and not always run them at my maximum.

Happy New Year everyone

Well done with the Parkrun double.

Parkrun number 36 for me this morning at Warrington, and my fastest of the year. My Parkrun time was 30:06, but my Garmin time for 5km was 29:17. The difference because I start far back in the field, and the run is slightly farther than 5km. There was a flooded area too, which has to be crossed twice, and this slowed us all down.

I'm delighted with this, as my recent 5km runs have been 37 mins, 35, 33 and 32, so there are signs of improvement after some recent health issues.

My aim for the year is to get down to 13 stones again (from 14) and get below 28 minutes for 5km.

Happy New Year to all BM runners.
Still haven't managed to get my arse down to this but have got caught up in it a few times running down the TPT.

Out of interest, where does it flood? I thought it was mostly on paths once it gets out of Victoria Park?

Parkrun this morning. Decided not to kill myself so paced myself and went round in just over 21 minutes. Have to say going a bit slower made it much more enjoyable. Rather than hanging on for dear life, feeling rough as toast it was quite liberating passing people on the home straight, legs still feeling good and then still ok for a dog walk straight afterwards.

New Years resolution mix up the Park runs and not always run them at my maximum.

Happy New Year everyone
Lol at easy 5k 21 minutes!
Get that though, chasing PB’s can be psychologically & physically tough.

HNY mate.

Wrote off 2021 running due to long covid issues (and subsequent illnesses).
Been at the gym for some time but back regular running over the past few weeks.

Wayyyy slower than pre covid & legs feel so sore. Feels like when I first started properly running. Hip though I have a long injury there) & knee/calves all sore.

Can’t say I’m enjoying it yet but it’s a start to break that seal.

And that excess 2021 weight is slowly shifting…

Still haven't managed to get my arse down to this but have got caught up in it a few times running down the TPT.

Out of interest, where does it flood? I thought it was mostly on paths once it gets out of Victoria Park?
Just after the start in Victoria Park. The path is slightly lower beside a rugby pitch, and the excess water has created a 20 foot muddy puddle, about three inches deep. You have to cross it twice because it is in the starting loop.

To be fair, it is the first time it has flooded there, and the rest of the course is fine.

Lol at easy 5k 21 minutes!
Get that though, chasing PB’s can be psychologically & physically tough.

HNY mate.
Lol, it was 10secs per K slower than all in and it just felt that much more enjoyable. Felt no pressure to perform. Funnily enough 3 brothers turned up at my Park Run, winner broke the course record in 15:35 and the three brothers took the three top spots (ridiculous).

Happy New Year to you mate and I hope you get an injury free year of running under your belt.

Wrote off 2021 running due to long covid issues (and subsequent illnesses).
Been at the gym for some time but back regular running over the past few weeks.

Wayyyy slower than pre covid & legs feel so sore. Feels like when I first started properly running. Hip though I have a long injury there) & knee/calves all sore.

Can’t say I’m enjoying it yet but it’s a start to break that seal.

And that excess 2021 weight is slowly shifting…

As you know mate it only really becomes enjoyable after you break that seal. I always use 6 miles (10k) as a marker as when I run that comfortably I know the enjoyment is just around the corner.

Lol, it was 10secs per K slower than all in and it just felt that much more enjoyable. Felt no pressure to perform. Funnily enough 3 brothers turned up at my Park Run, winner broke the course record in 15:35 and the three brothers took the three top spots (ridiculous).

Happy New Year to you mate and I hope you get an injury free year of running under your belt.
Same to you mate.
Still want to do a sub 20 min park run/5k.
Record is 20:50 ore covid.
I’m currently struggling at 28 mins so you can see how much slower I’ve become.

15:35 ffs!!
As you know mate it only really becomes enjoyable after you break that seal. I always use 6 miles (10k) as a marker as when I run that comfortably I know the enjoyment is just around the corner.
Absolutely.
Cardio is starting to feel better but I’m probably a few months off ‘gliding/coasting’ during runs.

I’m currently plodding along like a rusty fridge freezer tumbling down the street…

‘Gym game’ is strong so I’ll probably lose speed due to bulking up a little with muscle but it’s a fine balance for me.

I need to up ny healthy eating game too (bad habit due to little time in the evening of sticking processed food in the oven - mainly breaded chicken fillets & chips).

Used to be far healthier food wise before I split with the ex (I’d cook every night).

I have joined a running club though…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.