Running thread

Steady 5 miles this morning, tough into mostly head wind. Tough enough after burgers, chips and donuts during match last night. Happy New Year everyone you've all been an inspiration to me throughout the year. My only aims for 2022 try to stay injury free and do one mile more than this year
Do one more mile than last year. I like that. I suppose it's been my motto for the last 30 years.....with the occasional diversion into running a marathon now and then !!!.

I must resist further temptation....

Back in the swing of things after Covid and no after effects. . Nice 6 miler today in the rain. Feeling sharp and concentrating on more stretching after my runs. My nippes feel like they've been ripped off, forgot to put vaseline on

Parkrun double done this morning, nowhere near what I can run time wise, fitness has took a nose dive since getting covid, have drank far too much booze over the festive season as well and made a right dick out of myself. Thats me done with boozing for a good while now, Im no good at it and it turns me into someone not a lot of folk like, myself included.
Only one way to go with the running this year and its not down

Parkrun double done this morning, nowhere near what I can run time wise, fitness has took a nose dive since getting covid, have drank far too much booze over the festive season as well and made a right dick out of myself. Thats me done with boozing for a good while now, Im no good at it and it turns me into someone not a lot of folk like, myself included.
Too much beer? Made a Pratt of yourself? Self loathing? You're Not The Only One.

Dry January here we come.

Well done with the Parkrun double.

Parkrun number 36 for me this morning at Warrington, and my fastest of the year. My Parkrun time was 30:06, but my Garmin time for 5km was 29:17. The difference because I start far back in the field, and the run is slightly farther than 5km. There was a flooded area too, which has to be crossed twice, and this slowed us all down.

I'm delighted with this, as my recent 5km runs have been 37 mins, 35, 33 and 32, so there are signs of improvement after some recent health issues.

My aim for the year is to get down to 13 stones again (from 14) and get below 28 minutes for 5km.

Happy New Year to all BM runners.

Well done with the Parkrun double.

Parkrun number 36 for me this morning at Warrington, and my fastest of the year. My Parkrun time was 30:06, but my Garmin time for 5km was 29:17. The difference because I start far back in the field, and the run is slightly farther than 5km. There was a flooded area too, which has to be crossed twice, and this slowed us all down.

I'm delighted with this, as my recent 5km runs have been 37 mins, 35, 33 and 32, so there are signs of improvement after some recent health issues.

My aim for the year is to get down to 13 stones again (from 14) and get below 28 minutes for 5km.

Happy New Year to all BM runners.
Great job mate, always nice to feel good progression with the runs, if you carry on with that trajectory you should be crackin 28 mins in no time.
I started towards the back today, and have to give a lot of repect to the folk that kept on going at the back, as I was doing my second "lap" could really see the effort that folk were putting in, dont usually get to see that as I shoot off home, but fair play to them and the marshalls, just shows its not all about the speed, theres the personal achievement side to it as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.