Running thread

Just done 6.3 miles this afternoon after a night in the lager.

Not my quickest or prettiest run but heyho. Its done and dusted :)
The best way to get ready for another go at the booze!! And infairness there's something in the booze powered runs, a couple of my parkrun pbs came whilst either hungover or still pissed.

The best way to get ready for another go at the booze!! And infairness there's something in the booze powered runs, a couple of my parkrun pbs came whilst either hungover or still pissed.
Thats the magic of running!! Some days, you can prepare meticulously, have an early night and then your next run is a complete clusterfuck

Other days, you absolutely cannot be arsed, you feel like utter shit but then end up bagging a PB.

Thats the magic of running!! Some days, you can prepare meticulously, have an early night and then your next run is a complete clusterfuck

Other days, you absolutely cannot be arsed, you feel like utter shit but then end up bagging a PB.
Very true mate, its all in the head, well a lot of it anyways and maybe 80% what you already trained for, I sat up with the Mrs until 2am and drank enough to knock a horse over, then did the Alderley edge 10k the next morning, knew I had to go off fast and did, the 37 min pacer past me with his crew at about 9k saying "yep that's why you shouldn't start so quick" if I could have caught him at that point it wouldn't have been pretty!! There's quite a few of the ultra running community that are total pisscans, I've ran a few socials with them and God knows how they do it

Parkrun number 50 completed. We've been in Uxbridge for a few days, and I ran at Black Park Country Park. Finished in 24:59, which is my second fastest of this year, so no PB. It was a good run though - warm weather but mostly in the shade of trees.

Just 50 more to go until I can get my first Parkrun running shirt. There is one for 50 runs, but it's red, and red just doesn't suit me.

Tested negative for covid this morning after eight days in quarantine locked in a bedroom so the rest of my family didn't get it, just been out and done a real slow 8 miles, most probably the slowest 8 I've ever done, but it's good to get out again, and it was more of a head straightener than anything, hopefully will be able to slowly pick it back up again now, have an entry for the loch Ness marathon in October so that's the target

Tested negative for covid this morning after eight days in quarantine locked in a bedroom so the rest of my family didn't get it, just been out and done a real slow 8 miles, most probably the slowest 8 I've ever done, but it's good to get out again, and it was more of a head straightener than anything, hopefully will be able to slowly pick it back up again now, have an entry for the loch Ness marathon in October so that's the target
Take it easy, it really takes it out of you more than you realise.

I did the same silly mistake in January.

Next day after I tested negative for covid went running, was laboured then pushed myself too much a few days later to get my PB in a 10k.

Now i've barely run in months, either covid or foot/knee complaints

2 runs this week. Easy 2.5 miles on Tuesday during my lunch break and steady/easy 4 miles which was week 9 run 1 of my HM training plan. Felt hot out there and don't like running in evening as too many people about and always feel it's bit stop/start

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.