Running thread

I did it in 46 mins which I know is wank but still quite proud. May be a big strange but my heart feels more alive today! Either that or I have had a heart attack.
Doesn't matter if you do it in 46 mins or 15 mins, parkrun is great as it's for everyone and its free, I often see the tail walkers, long after everyone else has finished, helping someone finish, thems the ones that put the most graft in if you ask me, takes some balls to keep going when you see all the fast cats just flying by, would be easy to just say "fuck it I'm going to Greggs" but they keep on trucking and deserve the after run buzz more than anyone in my book.

Not posted on this thread for a long time, simply because I've not done much running for a while, however I'm signed up to a 10k charity run in June so have been back at it doing a mixture of anywhere between 5 and 7.5k a few times per week with the very occasional 10k run thrown in for practice.

I use a Garmin watch which is great for accuracy when tracking my distance etc however it also tracks my heart rate. It's not something I've been too bothered with tbh other than give it passing glance but perhaps I should as for most of the runs I've done recently it shows my average heart rate for the duration of the run to be around 182-185bpm and a max heart rate of up to 197bpm. I'm in my 30s, give each run my best so it's not easy but I don't exactly feel I'm at deaths door either, but looking online these seem really, as in dangerously high? Anyone know how accurate these watch devices are for detecting HR and if they're bound to be accurate enough do I need to watch what I'm doing with these results?

Not posted on this thread for a long time, simply because I've not done much running for a while, however I'm signed up to a 10k charity run in June so have been back at it doing a mixture of anywhere between 5 and 7.5k a few times per week with the very occasional 10k run thrown in for practice.

I use a Garmin watch which is great for accuracy when tracking my distance etc however it also tracks my heart rate. It's not something I've been too bothered with tbh other than give it passing glance but perhaps I should as for most of the runs I've done recently it shows my average heart rate for the duration of the run to be around 182-185bpm and a max heart rate of up to 197bpm. I'm in my 30s, give each run my best so it's not easy but I don't exactly feel I'm at deaths door either, but looking online these seem really, as in dangerously high? Anyone know how accurate these watch devices are for detecting HR and if they're bound to be accurate enough do I need to watch what I'm doing with these results?
I use a Garmin too. Last September, I got my best ever Parkrun, really pushed myself that day. My average heart rate was 162, and max was 178.

I did the Manchester Marathon a year earlier. Average heart rate was 137 and max was 161. That was a much slower pace, obviously. I'm 61.

I use a Garmin too. Last September, I got my best ever Parkrun, really pushed myself that day. My average heart rate was 162, and max was 178.

I did the Manchester Marathon a year earlier. Average heart rate was 137 and max was 161. That was a much slower pace, obviously. I'm 61.

That's some going, and heart rate clearly much much better than mine. It's weird though, im doing a 10k in roughly the 50-53 minute mark which I'm happy enough with. Feel tired and find the hills difficult but then so would most people I assume so just can't fathom the high heart rate being so high compared to what it's probably supposed to be...maybe a call to the docs in order. If it wasn't for the watch I'd never have known there's an issue.

To be honest I think there's lots of great advice that can be taken from this thread when it comes to running, but when it comes to your health its much better to go see a doctor, the HR's you tell us do sound a touch high but that could be down to lots of things, watch on the blink/your size/being chased by a pack of wolves etc etc, if you ask me your first point of call should be the docs before doing another run, better safe than sorry when it comes to this kind of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.