Running thread

I've had this hamstring injury for about 8 months now, but after a month of running at the start I went back to my weekly Park Runs.
At the gym everyday, either weights or my two yoga classes and pilates.
With Yoga it's quite noticeable as I can't fully bend the right leg (I'm otherwise pretty supple).

Tight and painful when I try and fully bend this (so I don't) so wondering what the issue is. Perhaps I tore it a while back and the scarring/healing as left it in this state?

Anyway, I though I'd start a return to more frequent running so went for a my first mid week run in 8 months.
Nice 7k in the rain which I loved. No pain (just the slight pain I notice now and again).

Considered physical therapist but not sure what they can tell me. Worse case, scan and see scarring which may need surgery (so I've got full suppleness back in the leg) otherwise I'm going for a slow return to more mileage in the week.

does this speak to you via your headphones or am I imagining things with Garmin? I know you can see it all on the Connect web page

You download the workouts onto your watch mate when it syncs and you can see the plan for the week ahead within the app on your phone. It can be tailored for achieving a certain pace or just to complete that distance. Off the top of my head there are 3 or 4 different coaches to choose from.

You can view the steps of the workout on your watch before starting it and during the workout itself. Before each step if you're wearing headphones I think it does say commands but it's limited i.e 'warm up 9:30 to 10:30 pace'. You're best looking at the workout for a few minutes before you go out though and then you can anticipate what's coming next as sometimes you need initiate steps yourself on the watch.

You download the workouts onto your watch mate when it syncs and you can see the plan for the week ahead within the app on your phone. It can be tailored for achieving a certain pace or just to complete that distance. Off the top of my head there are 3 or 4 different coaches to choose from.

You can view the steps of the workout on your watch before starting it and during the workout itself. Before each step if you're wearing headphones I think it does say commands but it's limited i.e 'warm up 9:30 to 10:30 pace'. You're best looking at the workout for a few minutes before you go out though and then you can anticipate what's coming next as sometimes you need initiate steps yourself on the watch.

Thanks will look into this :-)
One thing that annoys me about custom routes created and then sync with watch is it just moves around too quick.

I end up screenshotting the map and do it old school haha

Thanks will look into this :-)
One thing that annoys me about custom routes created and then sync with watch is it just moves around too quick.

I end up screenshotting the map and do it old school haha

I don't really use the mapping function as the majority of the time I just run along the coastline. I have used it abroad and know what you mean but after a few runs you do get used to it.

They're very clever. Perhaps too clever. As I said previously I operate a lot off heart rate now and it will bleep if I go below 130bpm and above 152 bpm on my slow runs and when I get back between those heart rates it'll say 'In Range'. Same would work for pacing in those plans.

Leeds Marathon on Sunday. Made the mistake of watching the route map, on You Tube. Now wish i hadn't bothered HA!!

Nice big hill, at 19 miles. Just to really make me feel the pain. Bricking it now.

Good luck mate. Quite a long hill rather than too steep by the looks of it. Don't push yourself too hard up it, allow the pace to drop a bit as it's still 10k to go from there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.