Running thread

Any tips for a non-runner? The only running i've ever done is a few mins on the treadmill (and hate every time i do it) but my mate swears by it and i'm willing to give anything a go. Do you ease yourself into it or just get your trainers on and fuckin' peg it? How do you stop your legs from aching (mine have always ached since i did a charity run as a high schooler) and do you just fight through a stitch or stop running? Sorry for the noob questions, if the best tip is to just not do it then i'm good with that too :D

Any tips for a non-runner? The only running i've ever done is a few mins on the treadmill (and hate every time i do it) but my mate swears by it and i'm willing to give anything a go. Do you ease yourself into it or just get your trainers on and fuckin' peg it? How do you stop your legs from aching (mine have always ached since i did a charity run as a high schooler) and do you just fight through a stitch or stop running? Sorry for the noob questions, if the best tip is to just not do it then i'm good with that too :D
Hi I’d get some decent trainers ASICS are pretty good. Start with small runs. 1,2 ,3 miles and build up. Always stretch and warm up. Make sure you stretch and gently jog afterwards to warm down and get rid of the lactic. Find someone to run with as it keeps you motivated. Running outside beats a treadmill every time for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.