Running thread

See he was right all along, you can easily knock another 20 mins off that...... you won't die.........get a bike
Just catching up with the thread. There seems to be a load of nonsense over the last few pages.

So I'll add some more.

You asked about another bike with gravel tyres? I can't find that thread now. But it was a steel frame with gravel tyres? I know nowt about gravel tyres. A steel frame is good.

Another tip I remembered is get a track pump and regularly inflate those tyres to 110 psi.

As for running 5k. I only ever ran two 5k races over 20 years ago now. Both about 19 minutes. After that thought they were too short and couldn't be bothered with them anymore.

Not much training for them though...apart from cycling about 200 miles a week... including a couple of time trials....

Just catching up with the thread. There seems to be a load of nonsense over the last few pages.

So I'll add some more.

You asked about another bike with gravel tyres? I can't find that thread now. But it was a steel frame with gravel tyres? I know nowt about gravel tyres. A steel frame is good.

Another tip I remembered is get a track pump and regularly inflate those tyres to 110 psi.

As for running 5k. I only ever ran two 5k races over 20 years ago now. Both about 19 minutes. After that thought they were too short and couldn't be bothered with them anymore.

Not much training for them though...apart from cycling about 200 miles a week... including a couple of time trials....
Thanks mate, yep I'm still in the research stage for the bike, the original ribble I was looking at simply isn't available, them ribble bikes are difficult to get off the shelf, and you have to wait months for them(far beyond my shiney new toy patience threshold) I'm currently looking between a cube gravel and some endurance bikes.
Back on topic ish, my reasoning behind the bike is to add another string to the fitness bow to hopefully improve my running, I do use the watt bike at the gym a bit, but would always prefer to be outside.
Running wise I'm currently in a bit of a rut, haven't raced at all this year since Boston/London and have been in a spiral of fitness/motivation/injury/work/family kind of pickle, I probably just need to start setting a few targets to whet the appetite.
As with anything everything's rosey in the garden when your training well but once you take the foot off the pedal it's tricky to get going again, the Mrs and work don't help with that tbh, she's no interest at all in it and makes out like my running is a hindrance to our family, even though I run before any of them get out of bed, go figure!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.