Running thread

I love this weather, but it's a bastard to run in! Bring on the chilly months!

Went out for a walk to the shops on Sunday at 1pm and there were loads of people out running in 25°C heat. Are they gluttons for punishment, mad or just incapable of getting up when it's cooler or waiting for the evening?
I was sweating buckets just walking, so running in that heat is just insane.

Went out for a walk to the shops on Sunday at 1pm and there were loads of people out running in 25°C heat. Are they gluttons for punishment, mad or just incapable of getting up when it's cooler or waiting for the evening?
I'm in holiday in Nice, contemplated bringing my running stuff. It was 25 degrees at 7.30 this morning when I woke so glad didn't bring it lol. Just beer, wine, cocktails and food for week with couple days swimming in the sea

My season best 5k today... 22:51!

2 months ago 5k took me 30 minutes. Really happy with the progress.
now im back running ive had to go back a few weeks, so im on week 3, however ive upped my paced to 10km to get me up to speed for a 30 minute 5k, that's my new goal, well done on 22:51, surely now you will be aim for under 22:30 :)

now im back running ive had to go back a few weeks, so im on week 3, however ive upped my paced to 10km to get me up to speed for a 30 minute 5k, that's my new goal, well done on 22:51, surely now you will be aim for under 22:30 :)
Good luck with 30 mins. It’s crazy how quickly you can improve fitness when you go for it!

Yep! I want to get under 22:30 on the next one. I really need to sort out my pace, my km breakdown today was:

1 - 4:16
2 - 4:32
3 - 4:35
4 - 4:41
5 - 4:46

So I might sacrifice speed for a more balanced run. Thinking of doing one of those progression runs were each km has to be quicker than the last.

Good luck with 30 mins. It’s crazy how quickly you can improve fitness when you go for it!

Yep! I want to get under 22:30 on the next one. I really need to sort out my pace, my km breakdown today was:

So I might sacrifice speed for a more balanced run. Thinking of doing one of those progression runs were each km has to be quicker than the last.
5ks I’ve always found hard to pace. It’s such a short distance you really don’t have much chance to make up any slowish k’s at the start. You have to go out pretty hard to give yourself the chance of a good time, but push too hard and then by k 5 you’re on your arse.

I
I am away on holiday and although I have managed a bit of running, in high temps, its completely knocked the stuffing out of me today.

In winter I suffer with terrible circulation so always have freezing hands and in summer, when running, I lose buckets in sweat and so lose valuable salts. Im pretty much only fit to run for about 5 months of the year.

Sounds like a plan. Quite a bit of variation in your splits there. Long runs, at a slow pace, build up your aerobic capacity and would make a huge difference.

It is a misnomer to think you only need to ‘go long’ for Half and Marathon training. 800 metre runners train by running up to 16 miles and above in a session.

I

I am away on holiday and although I have managed a bit of running, in high temps, its completely knocked the stuffing out of me today.

In winter I suffer with terrible circulation so always have freezing hands and in summer, when running, I lose buckets in sweat and so lose valuable salts. Im pretty much only fit to run for about 5 months of the year.

I suffer from poor circulation to my extremities in cold weather. My feet, nose & ears sort themselves out once I've warmed up, but have to wear gloves running in temperatures below about 5°C.
My sweating is profuse whatever the temperature but especially bad in the summer, and never venture out running without a water bottle.

I suffer from poor circulation to my extremities in cold weather. My feet, nose & ears sort themselves out once I've warmed up, but have to wear gloves running in temperatures below about 5°C.
My sweating is profuse whatever the temperature but especially bad in the summer, and never venture out running without a water bottle.

Very similar to myself. We got dealt a tough hand for a runner.

Funny for me its just my hands. At the back end of last winter I invested in some Raynauds gloves which contain a silver thread. They seemed to Improve things but will put them through a proper test this winter.

I always get a sweat on running. I run with a mate occasionally in trail races and he will not bother with liquid for up to a half marathon, where as Im laden down with a running hydration vests and 2x 500ml water bottles. Very frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.