Running thread

Very similar to myself. We got dealt a tough hand for a runner.

Funny for me its just my hands. At the back end of last winter I invested in some Raynauds gloves which contain a silver thread. They seemed to Improve things but will put them through a proper test this winter.

I always get a sweat on running. I run with a mate occasionally in trail races and he will not bother with liquid for up to a half marathon, where as Im laden down with a running hydration vests and 2x 500ml water bottles. Very frustrating.

I've always had the same issues with my hands since being a kid. I remember playing rugby at school (which I was rubbish at) with my hands getting a darker shade of crimson and blue all the time.
Thankfully in later years at school, there was a "rubbish at rugby" group which allowed us to opt out and do cross country running instead. I really enjoyed getting out of the school grounds and running around the nearby parks, woods and canal towpaths.

Got lost in the New Forest, ended up in some private land, grass patches that sunk shin deep! horses and giant cows everywhere, and dogs f*cking barking at me and running towards me, i was jumping over barbed wire at points, lost in the forrest and no clue how to get back on to main road. terrifying! was like a cross between Saving Private Ryan and the Blair Witch Project.

Got lost in the New Forest, ended up in some private land, grass patches that sunk shin deep! horses and giant cows everywhere, and dogs f*cking barking at me and running towards me, i was jumping over barbed wire at points, lost in the forrest and no clue how to get back on to main road. terrifying! was like a cross between Saving Private Ryan and the Blair Witch Project.

Ha, It can be a bit like that at times. I live around that area but gravitate towards the Purbecks (past Swanage) and the South west Coast path for a lot of my training runs. Not sure how long you are there but uf you do head towards Bournemouth there is a lovely walk/run over Hengistbury Head. Only takes about one hour 40 mins walking. Lovely views of the cliffs, sea and refreshments on Mudeford Sandspit overlooking beach huts which sell for 450k.

which part of the sahara desert do you live in :)

The Stafford Sahara. The current weather is great for lounging around in, fantastic for outdoor swimming, although it makes the pools busier, but lousy for attempting any runs.
Not looking forward to my Parkrun on Saturday morning looking at the forecast!

As previously said on holiday in Nice and didn't bring my running stuff just had 5 mins on stationary bike that belongs to owner of Air BnB out on balcony. Did another 10 mins as missus was in shower

Last edited:
Advice urgently required.
I'm relatively new to running having started in earnest around seven weeks ago as an FOC whose only exercise previously involved the odd long walk. My PB (some four weeks ago) for 5k is 26:14 which is, admittedly, not that impressive when compared to the exploits of some on this thread. Regardless, I was delighted at the time. My challenge now is to move beyond the 5k distance which has become my default option. Ideally, my goal is to run 10k without it feeling like an ascent of Everest! I'd be grateful for any tips or advice from the more experienced posters.

The Stafford Sahara. The current weather is great for lounging around in, fantastic for outdoor swimming, although it makes the pools busier, but lousy for attempting any runs.
Not looking forward to my Parkrun on Saturday morning looking at the forecast!
im sticking to my air conditioned treadmill until autumn :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.