Running thread

After telling Peace frog about injuries happen etc etc I've only gone and pulled my inner thigh muscle. Not serious, but I've felt it since Friday so its another few days rest. Gettin too old for this shit! :(

Run club tonight 31mins of structured running and 16 mins of warm up/cool down which I still found taxing.

All in it added up to 10.65 in 47 mins.

15 mins of tempo at around 4:15-4:20 pace and 4x4 mins around 4:00 - 4:10 pace with 90 seconds rest in between.

Never a great sight to see head torches disappearing off into the distance.

Run club tonight 31mins of structured running and 16 mins of warm up/cool down which I still found taxing.

All in it added up to 10.65 in 47 mins.

15 mins of tempo at around 4:15-4:20 pace and 4x4 mins around 4:00 - 4:10 pace with 90 seconds rest in between.

Never a great sight to see head torches disappearing off into the distance.
Great going that!

After telling Peace frog about injuries happen etc etc I've only gone and pulled my inner thigh muscle. Not serious, but I've felt it since Friday so its another few days rest. Gettin too old for this shit! :(
I’m in the same boat mate. Knee doesn’t feel right. Not sure what I’ve done.

1 month out from my half marathon too!

(Not enough to stop me running but might have to take it easy for a few days).

Just did my midweek training run along the Irwell path from Factory International to Gnome Island and back.
Still ridiculously mild out there, so the wind and drizzle were actually very welcome this morning.

Last edited:
I'm staying in Corbridge for a few days and planned a 8km run before relaxing to watch Bayern stuff United.

Big mistake when I ran past the turn at 2km. I expected a road. It looked like a farmer's driveway, so I jogged on, adding around 5km to my planned route. 13km is my longest run this injury-affected year and I averaged 6 minutes 10 second per km.

I'm pretty tired now, and sweating like a pig after a hot bath. I'm going to have to stop taking a bath after a run because I always feel light headed and unwell when I finish one. If I faint again, the wife will insist I take two months off running and book an appointment with the doctor at the first opportunity.

Rest day tomorrow. I've earned it.
d8e1e6e01f7676da35af0567d6c21103.jpg

I'm staying in Corbridge for a few days and planned a 8km run before relaxing to watch Bayern stuff United.

Big mistake when I ran past the turn at 2km. I expected a road. It looked like a farmer's driveway, so I jogged on, adding around 5km to my planned route. 13km is my longest run this injury-affected year and I averaged 6 minutes 10 second per km.

I'm pretty tired now, and sweating like a pig after a hot bath. I'm going to have to stop taking a bath after a run because I always feel light headed and unwell when I finish one. If I faint again, the wife will insist I take two months off running and book an appointment with the doctor at the first opportunity.

Rest day tomorrow. I've earned it.
d8e1e6e01f7676da35af0567d6c21103.jpg

I was horrible after doing my HM the other weekend dizzy as anything, i had to lie down for ages and even then when i sat up i was still dizzy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.