Running thread

Also not posted many runs for while but love reading the posts. Still plodding along. Recently been trying 80/20 and usually about 2.5 miles as suits lunchtime. Was going to do parkrun this morning but it would be mess due to rain. Need to pick up some meds 2 miles from home have ran there. Having a coffee and will run back. Keep going lads all doing great

25k touching on the South West Coast path running from Corfe Castle, down to Kimmerridge and then back round to Corfe Castle. Great views of the sea/coast line/rolling countryside. A few big hills and a couple of stop for pictures so got round in 2hr 37 but managed to keep my heart rate really low.

Not for the first time I ended up hijacking a trail run and ran for 6k plus with one of the competitors. Nice bit of trail chat kept the legs moving.

Great day, need to do it more often, but noticed first signs of winter on the ridgeline. Forgot what it was like to have numb fingers.

Attachments

• IMG_7357.jpeg
    IMG_7357.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7355.jpeg
    IMG_7355.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7356.jpeg
    IMG_7356.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 6
3 weeks till Istanbul marathon. Today was supposed to be my long long run but have been suffering from a cold all week. Managed to do 8k Friday, 10k Saturday and 21k today. All done slowly, around 6:10 per km. Although the 80/20 book advises sedate running I have appeared to miss the 20% fast bit this week..

Working from home on Thursday so will attempt a 35k run before immediately commencing taper.

Did 10k this morning down the river(fuckin taters when I started) My recent tired leg syndrome was no more and I was flying. Got to 7km and my right hamstring was tightening up so I couldn't let fly and go for it :( Still did the 10 but had to take it easy last 3. I signed up online this morning for them park runs. They sent me a bar code so I can have my time monitored. Am I right in thinking I have to print this off to take with me ? Which seems a bit draconian in this day n age. I hope I'm wrong and I can show on phone. Any one know this ?

Did 10k this morning down the river(fuckin taters when I started) My recent tired leg syndrome was no more and I was flying. Got to 7km and my right hamstring was tightening up so I couldn't let fly and go for it :( Still did the 10 but had to take it easy last 3. I signed up online this morning for them park runs. They sent me a bar code so I can have my time monitored. Am I right in thinking I have to print this off to take with me ? Which seems a bit draconian in this day n age. I hope I'm wrong and I can show on phone. Any one know this ?

You can show your barcode on your phone or take the printed copy.
I bought one of the plastic barcode wristbands when I started Parkruns, and it also has your emergency contact and medical conditions info on the inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.