Running thread

Did 10k this morning down the river(fuckin taters when I started) My recent tired leg syndrome was no more and I was flying. Got to 7km and my right hamstring was tightening up so I couldn't let fly and go for it :( Still did the 10 but had to take it easy last 3. I signed up online this morning for them park runs. They sent me a bar code so I can have my time monitored. Am I right in thinking I have to print this off to take with me ? Which seems a bit draconian in this day n age. I hope I'm wrong and I can show on phone. Any one know this ?
There are a number of ways of showing a Parkrun barcode. My preferred method is on my Garmin watch. This saves me having to take the paper or the tag or the wristband or anything else. Phone is another option.

Garmin watches are brilliant. I transfer my Amazon collections to it and collect at the end of a run. I have bank cards on it so I can buy a drink at the end of a run. Stores songs and podcasts and Bluetooths them to my headphones. It's not bad for fitness data too. Most importantly, I don't need to carry my phone when I'm out on runs.

Really proud of myself today.

I ran the MCR Half Marathon in 1:48. Easily my PB and such a rewarding, enjoyable experience.

Learnt a few things that will help with the marathon in April.

AND… most importantly, raised £550 + gift aid for the Alzheimer’s Society.

Happy days!

well done mate.

Was a fast course wasnt it.

Did 10k this morning down the river(fuckin taters when I started) My recent tired leg syndrome was no more and I was flying. Got to 7km and my right hamstring was tightening up so I couldn't let fly and go for it :( Still did the 10 but had to take it easy last 3. I signed up online this morning for them park runs. They sent me a bar code so I can have my time monitored. Am I right in thinking I have to print this off to take with me ? Which seems a bit draconian in this day n age. I hope I'm wrong and I can show on phone. Any one know this ?
Apologies if anyone else has supplied the same response but I've bought a rubber wristband which is stamped with my personal barcode via the Parkrun website. They come in a variety of fetching colours and cost around a fiver from memory but proceeds go to the organisation. I find this to be the simplest option.

As some of you will know, I'm still finding my feet as someone relatively new to running. At the urging of a couple of running junkie pals, I joined a local running club last week. Having introduced myself to the coach, I received a bit of a telling off for "...going too far, too fast, too soon". He then proceeded to put me through a brutal training session! Until that point, I'd never suffered an injury but, by the following morning, I knew something wasn't right with pain felt in both knees, particularly when descending stairs. On consulting Doctor Google, I'm fairly sure it's attributable to IT Band Syndrome. Can anyone offer suggestions as to recovery/prevention? I'm keen to continue running in the meantime but have no wish to make a bad situation worse.

Apologies if anyone else has supplied the same response but I've bought a rubber wristband which is stamped with my personal barcode via the Parkrun website. They come in a variety of fetching colours and cost around a fiver from memory but proceeds go to the organisation. I find this to be the simplest option.

I've got the same. In blue, of course!
Easy to remember to slip it on before I head out on Saturday mornings as I'm another phone and tech free runner.

As some of you will know, I'm still finding my feet as someone relatively new to running. At the urging of a couple of running junkie pals, I joined a local running club last week. Having introduced myself to the coach, I received a bit of a telling off for "...going too far, too fast, too soon". He then proceeded to put me through a brutal training session! Until that point, I'd never suffered an injury but, by the following morning, I knew something wasn't right with pain felt in both knees, particularly when descending stairs. On consulting Doctor Google, I'm fairly sure it's attributable to IT Band Syndrome. Can anyone offer suggestions as to recovery/prevention? I'm keen to continue running in the meantime but have no wish to make a bad situation worse.

I got the same issues a few weeks into couch to 5k.
You need to treat it with ice, elevation and rest. If you are in pain, ibuprofen definitely helps too!
It took me about 4 weeks to recover, but since it occurred, I've been really serious around pre and post run stretches, and doing a proper warm up before runs. I've had no further issues in the 18 months I've adopted this approach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.