Running thread

Apologies if anyone else has supplied the same response but I've bought a rubber wristband which is stamped with my personal barcode via the Parkrun website. They come in a variety of fetching colours and cost around a fiver from memory but proceeds go to the organisation. I find this to be the simplest option.
I think I'll purchase one on Saturday when I rock up. I'm only doing a park run because I'm a competitive fucker, and I know I'll raise my game and smash my PB because I'll be against other runners. Another question is can I just rock up to other locations and do it without booking with that park ? I want to do Delamere too.

I think I'll purchase one on Saturday when I rock up. I'm only doing a park run because I'm a competitive fucker, and I know I'll raise my game and smash my PB because I'll be against other runners. Another question is can I just rock up to other locations and do it without booking with that park ? I want to do Delamere too.

Yes, just turn up at any location once you've got your barcode.
If you are going to a new location, make sure you turn up at 08:45ish for the "first timers brief".

You need to purchase the wristbands from the Parkrun website, as they are customised with your code.

You can go to any Parkrun. Don't worry if you are too late for the first timer's brief. More than 99% of Parkrunners have someone slower to follow.

As some of you will know, I'm still finding my feet as someone relatively new to running. At the urging of a couple of running junkie pals, I joined a local running club last week. Having introduced myself to the coach, I received a bit of a telling off for "...going too far, too fast, too soon". He then proceeded to put me through a brutal training session! Until that point, I'd never suffered an injury but, by the following morning, I knew something wasn't right with pain felt in both knees, particularly when descending stairs. On consulting Doctor Google, I'm fairly sure it's attributable to IT Band Syndrome. Can anyone offer suggestions as to recovery/prevention? I'm keen to continue running in the meantime but have no wish to make a bad situation worse.

You could try a massage gun, blast your IT band every now and again with it? Or a cheaper option would be a foam roller but they are a bit fiddly to get directly where your aiming at.

I use the gun in the link above, they very good, can pick up cheaper ones from the usual sites amazon, teemu etc and tbh they all much of a muchness and do the same thing

You could try a massage gun, blast your IT band every now and again with it? Or a cheaper option would be a foam roller but they are a bit fiddly to get directly where your aiming at.

I use the gun in the link above, they very good, can pick up cheaper ones from the usual sites amazon, teemu etc and tbh they all much of a muchness and do the same thing
Cheers Gaz. I'm just worried that, if I buy one of these, the missus will pinch it.

Ahem.

As some of you will know, I'm still finding my feet as someone relatively new to running. At the urging of a couple of running junkie pals, I joined a local running club last week. Having introduced myself to the coach, I received a bit of a telling off for "...going too far, too fast, too soon". He then proceeded to put me through a brutal training session! Until that point, I'd never suffered an injury but, by the following morning, I knew something wasn't right with pain felt in both knees, particularly when descending stairs. On consulting Doctor Google, I'm fairly sure it's attributable to IT Band Syndrome. Can anyone offer suggestions as to recovery/prevention? I'm keen to continue running in the meantime but have no wish to make a bad situation worse.

I’ve just been sidelined for two months with quad and it band issues in my left leg. These stretches have helped me no end.

I’ve just been sidelined for two months with quad and it band issues in my left leg. These stretches have helped me no end.

Cheers. Good to know they've worked for someone who's been in the same boat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.