Running thread

Pretty much what it says in here. Worked for me anyway! Took me about 4 weeks to rest and restart running....

Thanks pal. Much appreciated.
One important caveat with this advice though. 'These exercises are not suitable for people with an existing knee injury.'

Last edited:
One important caveat with this advice though. 'These exercises are not suitable for people with an existing knee injury.'

The other thing with me is that I had quite a bit of knee pain, especially when walking, but Ibruprofen really helped. Obviously check it's compatible with existing medication and you have no allergies to it.

Reactions: ob
The other thing with me is that I had quite a bit of knee pain, especially when walking, but Ibruprofen really helped. Obviously check it's compatible with existing medication and you have no allergies to it.
Like you, I'd been scarfing down the ibuprofen like there's no tomorrow. That was, until someone told me that consuming more than three capsules a day was potentially harmful!

Scanning the internet, I came across this item containing exercises intended to strengthen the muscles that go some way to rehabilitation/preventing knee injuries without placing excessive strain on the knee itself. Time will tell whether they have the desired effect.

I changed tact a bit last night. I ran 3k.I jogged for about 200 metres then ran full pelt for about 70/80 metres. I did this about 6 or 7 times and I really felt my lungs were getting a proper work out. I might start doing this twice a week to go along my 15k, 9 k and 6 or 7ks I do through the week. Im gonna do my first park run tomorrow and see what I think of them.

I changed tact a bit last night. I ran 3k.I jogged for about 200 metres then ran full pelt for about 70/80 metres. I did this about 6 or 7 times and I really felt my lungs were getting a proper work out. I might start doing this twice a week to go along my 15k, 9 k and 6 or 7ks I do through the week. Im gonna do my first park run tomorrow and see what I think of them.
Good luck tomorrow mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.