Running thread

I changed tact a bit last night. I ran 3k.I jogged for about 200 metres then ran full pelt for about 70/80 metres. I did this about 6 or 7 times and I really felt my lungs were getting a proper work out. I might start doing this twice a week to go along my 15k, 9 k and 6 or 7ks I do through the week. Im gonna do my first park run tomorrow and see what I think of them.
Otherwise known as interval training mate! Great for your fitness; only do this once a week though or you will burn out.

I changed tact a bit last night. I ran 3k.I jogged for about 200 metres then ran full pelt for about 70/80 metres. I did this about 6 or 7 times and I really felt my lungs were getting a proper work out. I might start doing this twice a week to go along my 15k, 9 k and 6 or 7ks I do through the week. Im gonna do my first park run tomorrow and see what I think of them.

Hard not to enjoy parkruns. Friendly but competitive, free, and full of positive people getting out and enjoying exercise.

Yes intervals/speed work are a key part of training. If you add that, looking at your other runs you have a pretty decent training schedule.

I try to aim for one long run a week, one speed session, 2 x 10k recovery type runs (slow paced) and another tempo type 10k. I rarely do it in fairness but that is the aim.

Last edited:
im still running, getting to around 4.5 km nothing fast ,just steady, im running at a 40 min 5km pace which im very happy with at the moment, should be hitting 5k by the end of next week, i was flying until my injury, set me back 6 weeks, but then took me a good few weeks to get back into the thought of running,and getting the enjoyment back rather than a chore, once i got the confidence that i wouldnt break down at the same point im not under as much pressure and just enjoy the run for the run and after run feeling.

It’s not easy!
I’ve run lots of half marathons and full marathons but still struggle with 5k sometimes.

But I’d say Parkrun is such a great thing to do on a regular basis, take it easy and enjoy
Never mind all that. A real parkrun is going all in for the first 2k and then hanging on for dear life for the next 3. It is the only way to do it.

Never mind all that. A real parkrun is going all in for the first 2k and then hanging on for dear life for the next 3. It is the only way to do it.
Balderdash!!! A true parkrun is blowing out of yer arse way before the first corner and wondering was it a good carb load having 15 pints of Guinness the night before

oh i forgot to mention,on the 5th of nov they are having a runway 5k run :) (mcr airport), sadly i found out about it too late, maybe next year

If you want a 5k to look forward to, have a go at the Blue Run in March. It's 2 laps of the Etihad Stadium and Campus whilst having blue powder chucked at you. And it's all in aid of City in the Community.
Did it last year. Noone took it too seriously, but got my medal presented by Alex Williams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.