Running thread

I have done a fair few 11ks over this year btw, just not kept those up.
This has definitely made the hamstring a little sore (felt it a little at this mornings Park Run).

I suspect a anything longer (15k to half marathon would really push it).

The physio had a good look and feel but the only time the pain at the back of the knee is when I bend the leg (like squatting, kneeling and sitting back and it's pretty painful.

Nothing visual to go on, so a tear does sound possible but all seems linked to that initial hamstring injury.

Hopefully the scan will give more details.
I hope you get it sorted mate. So frustrating to be injured and even more so when you’re not 100% sure what the specific issue is!

I hope you get it sorted mate. So frustrating to be injured and even more so when you’re not 100% sure what the specific issue is!
Yeah thanks mate. Be good to get it pinpointed & hopefully finally sorted.

Ran a really good Parkrun today , come 23rd out of 180 field at 24:43

Was unexpected as not trained much and been out beers quite a bit all week.

Got a 10k tomorrow but unsure if I can do as little one might be admitted overnight with bronchitis- either way don’t think will get much sleep.
Sorry to hear this mate - hope he/she is ok

Best laid plans and all that.

Had a 10 mile and half marathon lined up the last two weekends in preparation for giving the Wimborne 10 a really good go next week as its a local event and a lot of people I know will be running.

Sadly due to a chest infection I slowed down the training for the last 2 weeks, missed both races and only just picking it up again this week. Ran a 9k the other day at the same pace I ran a 10k a couple of weeks ago.

Not half frustrating this running lark.

Did 5K Saturday morning. First time I’ve done one in anything like cold weather (around 5C and stiff breeze too) and I think that’s why I wasn’t feeling it and finished a couple of minutes shy of my PB. Plus, I also wore too much and got hot and uncomfortable second half.
Took a run this morning, around 4K, in similar weather and with a layer less and felt much better. Lesson learnt!

Did 5K Saturday morning. First time I’ve done one in anything like cold weather (around 5C and stiff breeze too) and I think that’s why I wasn’t feeling it and finished a couple of minutes shy of my PB. Plus, I also wore too much and got hot and uncomfortable second half.
Took a run this morning, around 4K, in similar weather and with a layer less and felt much better. Lesson learnt!

I ran 10k yesterday in a way to large hoodie, couple mates thought i was mad.
but that's what i'm comfortable with and helps at the start waiting around in the cold.
ok, could of done with it off after 4 miles but still worth it.

It was 5°c and bright low sun for my Parkrun on Saturday. Wore my usual shorts & thin running t-shirt but also wore my shades.
Was chilly for the first lap, but I soon warmed up and was soon my usual sweaty self. I needed to take on water after the 2nd lap, and my shades steamed up towards the end!
Will dig out my gloves if it gets any cooler, but definitely not in need of any more layers.

I ran 10k yesterday in a way to large hoodie, couple mates thought i was mad.
but that's what i'm comfortable with and helps at the start waiting around in the cold.
ok, could of done with it off after 4 miles but still worth it.
I did notice on Saturday, that a number of people took off a layer, like a hoodie, and threw it to the side of the path. I assume they’d walk back afterwards and pick it up and it’s etiquette not to pick up other people’s stuff.
I had my number/ time chip pinned to my front and was wearing gloves too, so would’ve been way too much mither to do that myself!

Hamstring/meniscus injury aside, I'm much slower paced atm.
Possibly a combination of a few things (and everything got worse after I had that first, brutal covid bout).

Will review in the new year once (hopefully) my leg issue is looked into. A return to track intervals and more running will probably help.
But I'm also doing a fair bit of gym work/strength training and put a bit of muscle.
My 5k PB (Park Run) of 20:49 was done in the middle of a post separation breakdown. The picture on the day shows me very sinewy and thin as I was eating very little but running a lot (which conversely helped hugely with my well being).

I quite like that middle ground of running and strength training (plus lots of yoga/pilates) but could do with speeding up a little.

I do love running this time of year though. Much harder to step out the door, but within ten mins all feels good.

And during last weeks 11k I had that hit of dopamine/runners high I'd missed. Add some brilliant music and the elation is strong (genuinely).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.