Running thread

The only other thing I can suggest is strength training. If you have the money for it, go and see a physio (worth every penny in my experience).
I do high intensity weight training already I’m starting to think maybe my running style is putting more work on my calves so they’re getting fatigued quickly it’s like they feel hard tight heavy.

Wimborne 10 miler today. Posted before but had to drop out of two prep races for this due to a chest infection/picking up a rescue dog and this is my first ‘proper’ race for a year due to injuries and taking time to build myself back up.

Forgot how tough racing was and about 4K in was thinking of slowing down but reminded myself this is just how it is, a struggle from the start to the finish.

Came in just under 1:09 which was my slowest result to date, and over 2 and a half minutes slower than last year, but put everything in, so no regrets. Looking forward to a bit of luck next year and more consistent training.

Wimborne 10 miler today. Posted before but had to drop out of two prep races for this due to a chest infection/picking up a rescue dog and this is my first ‘proper’ race for a year due to injuries and taking time to build myself back up.

Forgot how tough racing was and about 4K in was thinking of slowing down but reminded myself this is just how it is, a struggle from the start to the finish.

Came in just under 1:09 which was my slowest result to date, and over 2 and a half minutes slower than last year, but put everything in, so no regrets. Looking forward to a bit of luck next year and more consistent training.
That's a bloody quick time! Well done.

I've been running around 30km a week for a month or so but my achilles tendonitis is flaring up again. I may need to reduce my running and off set by reducing my diet. I eat healthily Monday to Friday but think I need to reduce my drinking and takeaways / roasts to avoid weight gain.

Reactions: ob
Just been out for my run along a disused railway path in Stafford and had to laugh at a dog walking chap I passed twice who was a similar age to me calling me "kid". I'll take that!

Just been out for my run along a disused railway path in Stafford and had to laugh at a dog walking chap I passed twice who was a similar age to me calling me "kid". I'll take that!
Good stuff mate. I must admit I'm a bit jealous of all these running tales. I had to pack it in 3 or 4 years ago due to knee problems probably from my military years. Keep it going as long as possible is my advice.

I've been running around 30km a week for a month or so but my achilles tendonitis is flaring up again. I may need to reduce my running and off set by reducing my diet. I eat healthily Monday to Friday but think I need to reduce my drinking and takeaways / roasts to avoid weight gain.

I suffered with this a year or two ago. I did a number of calf type exercises and fortunately this cured the problem. Might be worth having a look for an exercise programme to see if it makes a difference online.

Good luck with that. Regardless of the type of diet I adopt, my weight remains unchanged due to the wines and beers I enjoy on the weekends. This time i decided to reduce the amount of alcohol and also downloaded pilates app on my phone https://betterme.world/articles/wall-pilates-app/. I don't like super intense exercises, so that should be something for me.

Last edited:
Anyone got any good races booked in Dec/Jan/Feb?

I've got Wilmslow 10k on Sunday and MCR Marathon in April. I want to do something in between.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.