Running thread

I cant get rid of these tight hamstrings.

Tried everything
I've been suffering a lot with the same problem for the last few months, then all of sudden, it doesn't seem so bad. Last week I started doing some squats excercises to strengthen my legs and it seems to(fingers crossed) be working.

Last edited:
Does anyone get really heavy feeling in the calf muscles when running? I tried warmups stretching nothing works. I don’t even have to be running long until this comes on.

Does anyone get really heavy feeling in the calf muscles when running? I tried warmups stretching nothing works. I don’t even have to be running long until this comes on.
There's tons of things it could be. My shoes make a big difference to sore/heavy calf muscles. When I wear my posher shoes they're fine. With my cheaper trail shoes they ache after a km or so.

There's tons of things it could be. My shoes make a big difference to sore/heavy calf muscles. When I wear my posher shoes they're fine. With my cheaper trail shoes they ache after a km or so.
I also tried different trainers mate literally 5 mins into running it starts it’s well pissing me off.

My season best 5k today... 22:51!

2 months ago 5k took me 30 minutes. Really happy with the progress.
I beat this today... 22:42.

On the previous 5k, I ran the following splits:

1 - 4:16
2 - 4:32
3 - 4:35
4 - 4:41
5 - 4:46

Today they were:

1 - 4:32
2 - 4:30
3 - 4:26
4 - 4:31
5 - 4:43 (I was doing so well until the last 500m which is one steady hill - it killed me and ruined my time).

I think my running is getting better and my splits are more consistent which should help me in the longer runs.

I'd have liked to have improved more than that in the 2 months or so, but I wasn't feeling it at all today. I've not felt 100% the past couple of days so on the right day I think I'd beat 22:30. I'm running the Wilmslow 10k next weekend. I'm going to try and get close to 45 mins. If I fail, I should still easily beat my 10k pb (~47 mins).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.