Running thread

Happens to everyone mate, I had a lot of shite going on during the summer, you just have to get the ball rolling and keep consistent, I started with a week of 3 miles a day, simple enough but it got me back in the game and it snowballs from there.
Take it easy mate.
I've been similar and happy just ticking over with 2.5 or 3 miles couple times a week. If time allows throw 5 or 6 miles in at weekend

There is a fantastic movie about the Spine race on either Amazon Prime or Netflix. Looks a proper gruelling run and the conditions can be ridiculously harsh. First couple of years people were sleeping outside at aid stations and getting covered in snow.
Yep I've seen it mate, they is bonkers!! I will settle for the dot watching, a girl I know through running won it two years back, was pretty exciting following her progress along the way... well about as exciting as watching a dot on a map can be anyways

My wife bought me something similar to the link below - very useful at this time of year.

Haha. My Mrs bought me that last Xmas too, never been worn too bulky and rarely wear a hat when running.

Rarely run lately too!! Need to get back out at it after Xmas, had too much on recently.

Montane virtual spine race entries opened this morning, 268 miles is the full hit, but there are lower distances available as well, not bad for £20 a great way to knuckle into January.
As for doing the real one, Fuck that!!.....well at least until next year
Good doc on Prime about this pal.

Just got in from a nice 9.6 something mile shuffle. Whilst there's some obvious drawbacks to going out in below freezing conditions like the coldness on the extremities and the potential ice I think the positives far outweigh them. Less families walking 6 or more abreast, less dogs on stupidly long leads, less children flying about on scooters without looking where they're going... just to name a few. I like breathing in that cold air too, somehow feels fresher.

Last edited:
10km for me this afternoon, got caught in a bit of a snow storm but it was alright. Kept it nice and gentle.

Fair play to those getting out in the morning for parkrun, those temperatures were grim this morning.

11 miles in the bank this morning.
Peed off with myself putting 3 pounds on in the last week. (I blame the midweek City game) I'll take my anger out in the gym and running

3lbs? I put more than that on each meal. Haha.

9k through the forest. Bit of a slow one as I foolishly used a headlamp the missus bought, which was not even good enough, to be in a Christmas cracker.

Great to get out there after a quiet running week. As others have said plusses and negatives this weather. Most importantly a bit cold and treacherous conditions is great for a bit of mental resilience, will bag that for the next race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.