Running thread

Valencia marathon is on BBC Red button/eurosport now, be interesting to see how cheptegui goes, could be super quick.
Another on my to do list

Edit.
Just shown cheptegui ready to start with a woolly hat and a tshirt under his vest, it's 8 degrees there, surely a candidate for the "WUSS" club president

Last edited:
9k through the forest. Bit of a slow one as I foolishly used a headlamp the missus bought, which was not even good enough, to be in a Christmas cracker.

Great to get out there after a quiet running week. As others have said plusses and negatives this weather. Most importantly a bit cold and treacherous conditions is great for a bit of mental resilience, will bag that for the next race.

The nod of approval off the rare sighting of another jogger is worth it alone.

I got injured 9 days ago and have done zero exercise or any kind since then. It's amazing how this impacts everything: I have totally lost my mojo. I feel like shite; feel lazy; no motivation. I guess this just shows that when I do exercise, it changes me in a positive way.

It doesn't help that the roads are icy... But fuck it - I'm heading out for a fairly long one shortly. Got to get back into it.

I got injured 9 days ago and have done zero exercise or any kind since then. It's amazing how this impacts everything: I have totally lost my mojo. I feel like shite; feel lazy; no motivation. I guess this just shows that when I do exercise, it changes me in a positive way.

It doesn't help that the roads are icy... But fuck it - I'm heading out for a fairly long one shortly. Got to get back into it.
Go easy mate, you'll bounce back, it's what you do

Valencia marathon is on BBC Red button/eurosport now, be interesting to see how cheptegui goes, could be super quick.
Another on my to do list

Edit.
Just shown cheptegui ready to start with a woolly hat and a tshirt under his vest, it's 8 degrees there, surely a candidate for the "WUSS" club president
Haha! Had to dig my gloves and neck scarf out this morning. It was actually 5⁰C when I left at 8:00 which felt freezing compared to 19⁰C at the same time on Thursday.

Gutted not to be running the marathon today. I've done the last 3 so will definitely sign up for next year. Missed something big to train towards this year.

Not sure what happened to Cheptegui. Just turned on to see him limping home with a time of 2:08ish.

Ventured outside to discover that it is way too icy! So the treadmill it is.

Ventured outside to discover that it is way too icy! So the treadmill it is.
What about trail running? I went out yesterday on public footpaths and fields. It was brilliant. Frosty and icy but perfectly safe. The roads in contrast seemed a bit slippy. I have decent trail shoes and much prefer it to road running. It can be slow at times, parts of my routes are not really runnable as they are too steep or boggy. But great fun.

Haha! Had to dig my gloves and neck scarf out this morning. It was actually 5⁰C when I left at 8:00 which felt freezing compared to 19⁰C at the same time on Thursday.

Gutted not to be running the marathon today. I've done the last 3 so will definitely sign up for next year. Missed something big to train towards this year.

Not sure what happened to Cheptegui. Just turned on to see him limping home with a time of 2:08ish.
Cheptegui just never seemed in it, suspect he may have been using it as a taster as it was his first one, he dropped back after halfway and looked destroyed at the end.
A few of my running pals did it, and all PB'd such a flat and fast course, think if I don't get berlin for next year I might give it a go

What a difference a day makes…. Went from freezing cold to torrential rain. Intended to run a half marathon but the weather beat me and called it a day at 12k

On the trails so a few decent hills and plenty of puddles. Sadly I never pushed the envelope as It was supposed to be my long run, so finished it in just over 59 minutes, with a last K dash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.