Running thread

Went out about 7.45 and did 2.5 miles. Was -1 and I was more concerned about slipping on any ice (we live by river so loads of leaves and not salted). Really enjoyed it shame had to stop then to get back for work
That's more like it OB. You soon warm up. I found a miners light thing you put on your head at work the other day and it's mint! I go running in the park after work(about 4.15) it's lightshish when I start, but pitch black when I finish. This is a god send. Lights up everything in front for about 20 metres.

Reactions: ob
That's more like it OB. You soon warm up. I found a miners light thing you put on your head at work the other day and it's mint! I go running in the park after work(about 4.15) it's lightshish when I start, but pitch black when I finish. This is a god send. Lights up everything in front for about 20 metres.
My wife bought me something similar to the link below - very useful at this time of year.

struggling for mojo with load of personal stuff and beer ups going on.

but have booked up Olympic Stadium 10k in a couple weeks. so will need to train for that.

Montane virtual spine race entries opened this morning, 268 miles is the full hit, but there are lower distances available as well, not bad for £20 a great way to knuckle into January.
As for doing the real one, Fuck that!!.....well at least until next year

but have booked up Olympic Stadium 10k in a couple weeks. so will need to train for that.
Happens to everyone mate, I had a lot of shite going on during the summer, you just have to get the ball rolling and keep consistent, I started with a week of 3 miles a day, simple enough but it got me back in the game and it snowballs from there.
Take it easy mate.

Montane virtual spine race entries opened this morning, 268 miles is the full hit, but there are lower distances available as well, not bad for £20 a great way to knuckle into January.
As for doing the real one, Fuck that!!.....well at least until next year

There is a fantastic movie about the Spine race on either Amazon Prime or Netflix. Looks a proper gruelling run and the conditions can be ridiculously harsh. First couple of years people were sleeping outside at aid stations and getting covered in snow.

My wife bought me something similar to the link below - very useful at this time of year.

Very good product that. One problem with me is I usually throw my hat off after a few k because I get too warm.

Last edited:

Nice one mate, good to have a focus. I can only speak for myself but running always helps with the personal stuff, so try and stick with it. Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.