Running thread

That is some session on a treadmill. I find a 5 minute warm up a chore.
It is torture mate! I use an iPad to watch a film as I'm running and even still it's hard work. I tried going outside but didn't want to risk it on the ice. Also, the treadmill was a good option with my injured leg as it meant I could stop whenever I wanted rather than potentially when I was miles from home!

Its absolutely awful unless you like looking in the mirror. Tried everything, music, podcasts etc but not only do I hate it but I also struggle, or feel like I do, physically.
Lol. Over the last few years, I've managed to assemble a home "gym". From various friends and family I've gratefully received the following items. :- Bullworker, chest expanders, dumbells, hand grippers and some old trampoline parts made into a pull up bar in the garden. Recent additions also include a turbo trainer on which I set up an old bike, speakers to play music and my daughters full length mirror (a bit cracked). All free.

So that's my training plan this winter. Alternate days running and turbo trainer / gym. !!!

It is torture mate! I use an iPad to watch a film as I'm running and even still it's hard work. I tried going outside but didn't want to risk it on the ice. Also, the treadmill was a good option with my injured leg as it meant I could stop whenever I wanted rather than potentially when I was miles from home!

Fair play to you. If nothing else it will boost your mental toughness as, from experience, even with my favourite podcasts I cant switch off from the monotony of it all. Good shout on not running in the ice, it will soon pass but a twisted ankle etc will stop you running for a much longer period of time.

Lol. Over the last few years, I've managed to assemble a home "gym". From various friends and family I've gratefully received the following items. :- Bullworker, chest expanders, dumbells, hand grippers and some old trampoline parts made into a pull up bar in the garden. Recent additions also include a turbo trainer on which I set up an old bike, speakers to play music and my daughters full length mirror (a bit cracked). All free.

So that's my training plan this winter. Alternate days running and turbo trainer / gym. !!!

Yes the gyn work is a necessary evil. All the science points in that direction and even though its not my natural bedfellow its something I know I need to take seriously.

At the moment its just press ups, glute bridges, few squats and a few yoga stretches. Going to a gym is also a massive de motivator so maybe need to get something rigged up at home also.

12k today in the pouring rain. Two K of canicross with the new dog which was great fun. Hopefully if he takes to it, like I think he will, we can start entering in a few races.

10k in the dark. The run was pretty open to the elements so came back dripping wet, but, like football under the floodlights, something a bit more exhilarating about being out in the dark with the only distractions created by car headlights flashing past.

Last edited:
Reactions: ob

Wiggle have gone into administration, not sure if the sale on the site is any better because of this, but some good deals on lots of stuff on there, tech, shoes other gear etc

Went out for a Castlefield to Salford Quays circular run this morning out via the Irwell and back via the Bridgewater Canal as I'm back up in Manchester for tonight's Johnny Marr and tomorrow night's Slow Readers Club gigs.
I've started feeling a bit of pain in my left knee, but only when I'm running up inclines (specifically the four footbridges on the Bridgewater approaching Castlefield), but it feels fine on the flat, and no issues doing my post run stretches.
Any idea what's causing this? No pain walking up and down stairs, so just seems to be a running up inclines issue!

Went out for a Castlefield to Salford Quays circular run this morning out via the Irwell and back via the Bridgewater Canal as I'm back up in Manchester for tonight's Johnny Marr and tomorrow night's Slow Readers Club gigs.
I've started feeling a bit of pain in my left knee, but only when I'm running up inclines (specifically the four footbridges on the Bridgewater approaching Castlefield), but it feels fine on the flat, and no issues doing my post run stretches.
Any idea what's causing this? No pain walking up and down stairs, so just seems to be a running up inclines issue!
Total guess but are you training in different shoes? Or do you just use the same pair? Could be a gait issue?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.