Running thread

10 weeks to go until my marathon. Long runs just aren't going to plan post illness, yet to do more than 15km.

I'm back up to 60km and 65km over the past 2 weeks, so the total distance is fine. Integrated those fast efforts into a long run has been tough though.
Which marathon are you doing mate? Running the Brighton marathon myself at the start of April

Reactions: ob
5 miles in the bank after work. Enjoyable in the wind and rain

Abandoned any attempt to run this morning due to gales in Staffordshire. Forecast looks more calm tomorrow, then will see how severe the snow is on Thursday. Probably just the Met Office over exaggerating again!

Reactions: ob
What's the consensus on running [almost] every day?

I've started to find my groove again so thinking of stepping up.
I can't make track interval sessions with the club (on a Weds eve) at the moment, but will resume those at some stage.
I may also try and stick in some early morning runs inthe morning to free time up in the evening (but short 6ks).

Legs are a bit sore today - after a long weekend away where I was walking A LOT (and a park run added too) but I'm thinking of adding another this evening.

In other news, I saw my physio last week post MRI scans on my leg/knee.
A lot of medical dialogue but essentially I have a torn lower meniscus (and fraying above). Mix of degeneration and years of using my legs a lot.

Both agreed surgery poss not the best option (it's not really causing pain unless I really bend my knee fully - like squatting/yoga where it's really noticeable.
No pain on a recent 10k either.

Tricky bit was it initially started out in the hamstring (pulled it during a run....but carried out hobbling on :( )

So I've been referred for a physio sessions at the hospital gym, which I'm quite pleased about.

My last injury (labral tear) was very similar: didn't want to operate so suggested strenth training, yoga and pilates. All of which changed my life for the better.

What's the consensus on running [almost] every day?

I've started to find my groove again so thinking of stepping up.
I can't make track interval sessions with the club (on a Weds eve) at the moment, but will resume those at some stage.
I may also try and stick in some early morning runs inthe morning to free time up in the evening (but short 6ks).

Legs are a bit sore today - after a long weekend away where I was walking A LOT (and a park run added too) but I'm thinking of adding another this evening.

In other news, I saw my physio last week post MRI scans on my leg/knee.
A lot of medical dialogue but essentially I have a torn lower meniscus (and fraying above). Mix of degeneration and years of using my legs a lot.

Both agreed surgery poss not the best option (it's not really causing pain unless I really bend my knee fully - like squatting/yoga where it's really noticeable.
No pain on a recent 10k either.

Tricky bit was it initially started out in the hamstring (pulled it during a run....but carried out hobbling on :( )

So I've been referred for a physio sessions at the hospital gym, which I'm quite pleased about.

My last injury (labral tear) was very similar: didn't want to operate so suggested strenth training, yoga and pilates. All of which changed my life for the better.
Given your torn meniscus I'd probably listen to your body and have a day off. You could do cross-training, too. Recovery days can be just as important as running days if you're trying to get fitter/faster.

The general rule of thumb is to not increase your weekly mileage by more than 10%. So bear that in mind.

I'm having a rest day today though and I feel on edge haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.