Running thread

Also look at the Fenix, which is very similar to the Epix, but with a lower resolution face screen. The Viviactive also has Garmin Pay. The three give plenty of scope for Garmin Pay over a range of price options.

Edit. Garmin Pay will support ANY debit card via an app called Curve. You pay using your virtual Curve debit card, and Curve charges the transaction to your specified debit card, regardless of whether that card is supported by Garmin Pay.
f56cf7614d0526e955b9bea1ab64f470.jpg
Yep curve is great, I rarely take my wallet anywhere with me anymore, in fact I'm not entirely sure where it is!!
Thanks for the pic BTW, I've just bought my dinner with it!!

Thanks mate. I didn't realise the forerunner 55 doesn't have a tap to pay option. Think I'm gonna purchase the EPIX. Probably got more features than I need, but it looks far superior for the extra money to the Forerunner 55.

Cheers.
I've got the Forerunner 965 which has more features than I could ever want (even for a data junkie like me) and cheaper than the Epix. There are probably cheaper versions of the Forerunner that do contactless payments as well. The Vivoactive and Instinct do, I think. Decide what you need from the watch and then do a search for those features on Garmin's website.

View attachment 123268

Just had a emither off parkrun, I'm nearly upto 50 and they want me to buy a load of red shite, I shall reply and politely advise them of a suitable place they can ram it up
I'm looking forward to burning my red shite in 5 weeks when I'll be entitled to some stylish black merch!

View attachment 123268

Just had a emither off parkrun, I'm nearly upto 50 and they want me to buy a load of red shite, I shall reply and politely advise them of a suitable place they can ram it up
I know Parkrun is good for getting people into running, but for me the joy about running is that I don't need to join a club or be somewhere at a certain time to go for a run, I just "feel" like a run, put my trainers on and go. I joined Sale Harriers for about two weeks a few years ago and after 2 weeks I thought, nope I don't like getting tied down to a certain time and place and knocked it on the head. Its not like I run to be an Olympian, I run as I really enjoy it

I know Parkrun is good for getting people into running, but for me the joy about running is that I don't need to join a club or be somewhere at a certain time to go for a run, I just "feel" like a run, put my trainers on and go. I joined Sale Harriers for about two weeks a few years ago and after 2 weeks I thought, nope I don't like getting tied down to a certain time and place and knocked it on the head. Its not like I run to be an Olympian, I run as I really enjoy it
That's the thing with this running malarkey mate, everyone gets different things from it.
I started out with parkrun, blowing out of my arse at the back, nowadays I just go mostly for the social aspect, but many do take it seriously, more so it seems the middle of the pack runners, I did one at the weekend and only went for a slow jog, I got elbowed in the face and barged of the path twice!! Surprised me how into it they were.
I hear you with the running club, whilst I wouldn't mind joining one, again for the social aspect, I do most of my runs early morning before work and enjoy it so until there's a 5am club I'm out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.