Running thread

Afternoon all,

I've got back into my running this year after some time off, and recently done the manc 10k. I've just used some of my old running shoes and get the usual aches, so I'm gonna invest in some new ones.
Last time I had the gait analysis was probably about 15 years ago, I'm not even sure where. What I wanted to ask was where do people recommend to have this done again, as obviously I want to be sure I'm getting the correct trainers for my running style.
Thanks.

Think there’s a running shop on Deansgate that does it if you are Manchester based.

Afternoon all,

I've got back into my running this year after some time off, and recently done the manc 10k. I've just used some of my old running shoes and get the usual aches, so I'm gonna invest in some new ones.
Last time I had the gait analysis was probably about 15 years ago, I'm not even sure where. What I wanted to ask was where do people recommend to have this done again, as obviously I want to be sure I'm getting the correct trainers for my running style.
Thanks.
As someone relatively new to this running malarkey, I'm able to offer a personal view based on my experience late last year. Having been advised to have my gait checked, I went to the Up and Running branch on Deansgate. The fella that served me couldn't have been more helpful (this despite confessing I had no intention of buying a pair of shoes that day). Within five minutes, I'd had my gait analysed and informed that neutral shoes were the way to go. He went on to recommend various shoes to suit my running style within any sales pressure whatsoever. I can't recommend them highly enough.

As someone relatively new to this running malarkey, I'm able to offer a personal view based on my experience late last year. Having been advised to have my gait checked, I went to the Up and Running branch on Deansgate. The fella that served me couldn't have been more helpful (this despite confessing I had no intention of buying a pair of shoes that day). Within five minutes, I'd had my gait analysed and informed that neutral shoes were the way to go. He went on to recommend various shoes to suit my running style within any sales pressure whatsoever. I can't recommend them highly enough.
That's great to know, thanks very much pal.

Tour of tameside completed today, 4 races in 4 days done. Well worth a look for next year's for anyone after a challenge.
Great atmosphere, and just a buzz from start to finish.
Came 41st overall and 9th in age Cat.
Delighted with that as I'm not fully fit and there's a lot of tricky elevation in it, which is totally the opposite to what I have been training

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.