Running thread

Planned 11 miles yesterday cut short to 8.25 due to not feeling it and it being too bloody windy! Part of the route (half of it) was down the sea front into the wind and it felt like I was running twice as far. Happy with the time though 1hr 5, getting back to my target pace.

Did a very hilly Half marathon race in Frome,Somerset yesterday morning
Constant up and downs,clocked 1.38 but paying for it today.

10 miler last night and signed up for the Frome Half Marathon on Sunday.

It was still warm but a continuous drizzle, could not have been better running conditions.

Could have had Bluemoon meetup.

Was down from MCR visiting friends nearby,how did you find it ? I thought it was really tough but am used to the flat pavements of South Manchester
I didn't do it. Currently away in Scotland. I've done part of the nearby coastal path. I'll go the opposite way tonight and finish with a deep fried Mars Bar supper, with Haggis.

Reactions: ob
Did a very hilly Half marathon race in Frome,Somerset yesterday morning
Constant up and downs,clocked 1.38 but paying for it today.

Hi M32 I ran the Frome Half on Sunday and as you say it was proper hilly for a road Half. Sort of ascent you expect on a trail run.

I started off quite well but that long climb from 5k to 6.5k took a lot out of the legs and the final hill, after the downhill back into the town, was borderline cruel.

Did you have a Charlton Runners vest on? If so I came over at the start line and said hello.

Hi M32 I ran the Frome Half on Sunday and as you say it was proper hilly for a road Half. Sort of ascent you expect on a trail run.

I started off quite well but that long climb from 5k to 6.5k took a lot out of the legs and the final hill, after the downhill back into the town, was borderline cruel.

Did you have a Charlton Runners vest on? If so I came over at the start line and said hello.
Hi Frank,Yes I has a Chorlton vest..Was a tough race but nice friendly event..That final hill wasnt welcome.

It is a very small world out there.

I was the guy who approached you and your partner and asked you ‘if it is ‘Chorlton running club in Manchester’ and we discussed Marple Park Run.

Probably the toughest road half I have completed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.