Running thread

I’ve been out walking, running and cycling like never before over lockdown.

And the proper walkers all give their fellow walkers a “good morning” “it’s a nice day”, even when it’s pissing down you still get “morning, no such thing as bad weather!” with the obligatory fake laugh from each of us.

And runners/cyclists give me a nod and a smile when I’m running or cycling.

But I’ve noticed the different categories don’t say hello to each other, the tribes all stick to their own!

So if I’m out running the cyclists and walkers don’t give me the nod, if I’m out walking the runners and cyclists don’t give me the nod, and if I’m cycling the runners and walkers don’t give me the nod.

And the people just out and about, heading somewhere like shopping, don’t say hello or nod to anyone!

Humans are funny aren’t they?
*Nods*

Another 20 miles completed last week (4 x 5 mile runs). I'm so glad the gyms are now open, I'm able to add a few sessions on the watt bike and cross trainer to my weekly work out.

Ran today for the first time in two weeks, lost some motivation and basically slobbed for 2 weeks.. only did 5k but felt so shit and heavy :(

I’ve ran 139km so far this month using maffetone (keeping my heart rate under 147).

I’ve already broken my monthly record of 115km when I was training for a marathon and I hope to reach 200km by the end of July.

my findings

- It’s difficult to slow down and let people go past you if you’re naturally competitive!

- you’re less likely to suffer injury

- you’ll burn more fat. This is not scientific but I’ve noticed my long cultivated beer nelly is decreasing by the day.

You can run every day minus the little injuries.

-You’ll notice that you can keep your heart rate low and breathe easily as your times decrease (if you stick with it)

-You won’t get the “runners high” you experience when going flat out BUT when you finish you’ll notice how calm / relaxed you are...it’s hard to explain but a good feeling.

8mZjrbP

What do you use to monitor your heart rate as you run?

Swapped Lanzarote for Conwy for my holiday . Absolutely bouncing it down today. Went for a 3 mile run around the area around campsite, Jesus it was tough with the steep inclines .

I'm back to running away home in Cheshire today. A bit windy, and much flatter than the Lake District.

Can anyone help me with a dilemma I've got please?

I bought a pair of Brooks Men's Glycerin 17 Blue D Width SS20 for £126 back in April. I've covered about 450 miles in them, and the tough plastic sole is almost worn away down to the sponge on the heel of my left shoe.

I appreciate that 500 miles is considered about right for the lifetime of a pair of running shoes, but it means I'll need a new pair four times a year. £500 per year is a lot for me to spend on running shoes. Can anyone recommend either some longer lasting ones, or a cheaper brand that has a similar fit to those above please?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.