Running thread

The cheapest way would be to get Strava on your phone, and strap your phone to your arm or something. If that doesn't suit you, or if you have some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, get a smart watch from a brand like Fitbit or Garmin. This would allow you to run without your phone, and your run will be transferred to your phone or computer when you get back home. You can get watches that store and play music too, which can be good during a run.
Yeah like Paladin says get Strava on your phone and buy something like a Garmin watch. I’ve got the Garmin Forerunner 45. It’s been fantastic for me!

I've not done any running in a while but decided to dust off the trainers. Can anybody recommend any Apps or gadgetry that would help to track and record distance. Cheers and happy New Year.
Strava is the go to app mate for most. I use it but have Garmin to track it all on then downloaded to Strava

28 miles this week. Aiming for 100 miles a month. Cheated today though went on treadmill for my half marathon distance. Not sure how accurate the Treadmill mode is on my Garmin watch but I averaged just under 8 mins 20 per mile

Went out on a 10k at 7.20am this morning. Nearly went on the ice about 5 times when walking. Stuck to roads when running where I could but ran really gingerly when I had to dip onto pavement. Really chilly one but good to shake off the Christmas cobwebs and get into 2021 running. Pace shite, but was more about getting round without falling :P

Last runs were 11k on Dec 20th and 6.5k on 23rd. So hopefully get back to two runs like that and a decent pace by end of month. Ice and snow cause havoc with consistency.

Did a 17k yesterday on the Castlemain Trail yesterday and a slower recovery run with the missus today

For 13k I went a nice steady 5:11-20 pace until the last 4k where I stepped it up to between 4:25- 4:45Ks. Amazing how the realisation of being desperate for the toilet focuses the mind.

Legs feel great due to resistance band training, the roller and compression socks. Going to be more disciplined in their use this year.

Do Skins compression tights/leggings make a big difference to reducing muscle strains / aiding recovery? I have always worn shorts regardless of weather but have faced injuries in recent years and don't run as fast as I used to.

Went for a 4 mile run the other day and the final 3rd was tough with cold weather getting to my legs and muscles becoming fatigued.

Aiming to run 4/5 x a week in this lock down period.

I have been wearing a compression top (which I never used to wear) and have noticed a big difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.