Running thread

Cheers for the update. Good price that but not got them in my size unfortunately. I see on sportshoes that they fit half a size smaller. Did you get your normal size?
And where did you buy them from? I know Nike are pretty good with returns even if they've been worn.
Yep got my normal size, which is fine, got them from pro direct, should have got em off nike but the delivery was longer, and me being like an impatient child when it comes to this kind of jazz, went for the quicker option

Reactions: ob
Always a good bargain for trainers (Adidas at least) in the Adidas discount store in Stockport (Pear mill).

I got some run 4.0D fir £50 at the weekend .
Too nice to take outside though (so will use them for the gym & they’ll last be years).

Attachments

• D72CE2A0-C9F6-484A-84BE-58AB15B4803C.jpeg
    D72CE2A0-C9F6-484A-84BE-58AB15B4803C.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 5
As an aside, I managed my first run without aborting due to rapid/erratic heart bpm post covid in seven months.

tentative return but it’s potentially good news.
My strength at the gym is better than pre lockdown/covid just my cardio to work on now.
I have some right timber on me at the moment which I can’t shift & find uncomfortable.

Not posted on here for a while but wanted your sage opinion.

I’m doing the Warrington HM on Sunday. My PB for a half is just under 1:54. My target is sub 1:50, which is 8:27 pace. I did a 10k at 7:57 pace yesterday.

So, do I go balls out for the 1st half of the run and buy me some time for the 2nd half or should I take it “easier” and run at a steadier pace for the whole race?

It’s a pretty flat course by all accounts.
Slow and steady wins the race. The best times are normally achieved with an even or negative split, although I found the latter is difficult to achieve. Each half of the race in 55 minutes would be ideal.

Also considered joining a running club (on a Monday evening).
Conscious of devoting my time to this as I'm at the gym most nights and love that (the community and what it's doing for my body).
But I've heard good reports about them helping with techniques.
Taking it v easy at the moment though.

Yep got my normal size, which is fine, got them from pro direct, should have got em off nike but the delivery was longer, and me being like an impatient child when it comes to this kind of jazz, went for the quicker option
Haha. I've done that in the past. Nike's delivery is free but really slow.
If you can't send them back, give them a few more runs and see if it's just a case of wearing them in. Although, every review I've seen has said that they were great right out of the box. If you don’t have any luck, I'll send you my address ;)

Slow and steady wins the race. The best times are normally achieved with an even or negative split, although I found the latter is difficult to achieve. Each half of the race in 55 minutes would be ideal.
Always with the talking sense, wheres the fun in not killing yourself trying to keep up with the leaders for the first couple of miles??? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’m doing the Warrington HM on Sunday. My PB for a half is just under 1:54. My target is sub 1:50, which is 8:27 pace. I did a 10k at 7:57 pace yesterday.

So, do I go balls out for the 1st half of the run and buy me some time for the 2nd half or should I take it “easier” and run at a steadier pace for the whole race?

I did my first HM on the road for a while last week.

Happy overall with the time but when I look at my 1k splits, huge contrast between my fastest and slowest (1 min 16).

I set off quite slowly and to be honest that is gnawing away at me now, thinking I lost too much time over the first 5k.

When I run at a comfortable pace Its very easy to coast a bit and add say 30/40 seconds a K but a hell of a lot harder to knock 30/40 seconds off that pace. If you go out to slow its a lot tougher clawing it back.

If I ideally paced my race I would probably start 10-15 seconds slower than my expected K time overall and then gradually speed up from 4-5 K onwards.

Last edited:

I like to run with watch showing my average pace and know what pace I require for certain times. I want 3:45 for London so thats basically 5.20min/km pace. If my average is a little below this that’ll be great as I’ll be storing some time for second half when I’ll undoubtedly slow a bit. If it’s above I know I need to either pick it up or reassess my goal: 5:40min/km is 4 hours. Basically i tend to end up running slightly ahead of my target pace and then as this naturally slows I can respond and try to keep it where I want to hit my goal. A steadier spread is the best policy overall. Maybe aim for 8:20 average which gives you a bit of wriggle room to slow but still land 1:50. Good luck! I’m sure you’ll smash it!

Always with the talking sense, wheres the fun in not killing yourself trying to keep up with the leaders for the first couple of miles??? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
I like your style but I reckon I will eventually burn out if I set off too fast. Going to see how I feel after the 1st 5k - if all is good then I'll try and run to negative splits until the end. I'll post time and splits afterwards.

Good luck to everyone running Manchester and the masochists doing the various marathons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.