Running thread

Parkrun this morning. Decided not to kill myself so paced myself and went round in just over 21 minutes. Have to say going a bit slower made it much more enjoyable. Rather than hanging on for dear life, feeling rough as toast it was quite liberating passing people on the home straight, legs still feeling good and then still ok for a dog walk straight afterwards.

New Years resolution mix up the Park runs and not always run them at my maximum.

Happy New Year everyone
Well done Frank. Love to get under 21 again but feels a long way off. Need to lose a little bit of weight and get back into it properly, only done a handful of runs since the marathon. Bit of luck the injuries are behind me now and can start enjoying it again.
HNY to everyone.

Same to you mate.
Still want to do a sub 20 min park run/5k.
Record is 20:50 ore covid.
I’m currently struggling at 28 mins so you can see how much slower I’ve become.

15:35 ffs!!

Absolutely.
Cardio is starting to feel better but I’m probably a few months off ‘gliding/coasting’ during runs.

I’m currently plodding along like a rusty fridge freezer tumbling down the street…

‘Gym game’ is strong so I’ll probably lose speed due to bulking up a little with muscle but it’s a fine balance for me.

I need to up ny healthy eating game too (bad habit due to little time in the evening of sticking processed food in the oven - mainly breaded chicken fillets & chips).

Used to be far healthier food wise before I split with the ex (I’d cook every night).

I have joined a running club though…

Great post mate, loved the rusty fridge comparison. Nothing wrong with strength work, it certainly never did Dean Karnazes any harm or affect his running in any way.

So true about the eating. Put on 6 pounds since the Mcr Marathon and more than the weight the quality of the food is hindering my running. The sweet tooth is back and lost my discipline to eat well at dinner time while at work.

Well done on joining a running club, my intention also this year.

Reactions: ob
Well done Frank. Love to get under 21 again but feels a long way off. Need to lose a little bit of weight and get back into it properly, only done a handful of runs since the marathon. Bit of luck the injuries are behind me now and can start enjoying it again.
HNY to everyone.

Cheers mate. Funny you should write that mate but I was discussing this with the missus earlier. She has joined an online running community for women and one of the hot topics was In response to a women who posted how she has struggled to run much since completing a marathon. I was saying earlier how Ive mentally logged since then, and how Im only just getting my mojo back to push myself. Reading Born to Run again and picked up Training essentials for Ultra running and Running through the Night as methods to remotivate myself.

Same here with injuries. I get a bit lazy with recovery/strength work and that is when the problem starts.

On the plus side went out and got 15 miles under my belt this afternoon in the mud and rain. No records broken but a step in the right direction.

A query on the marathon in April, is it a met to Old Trafford job? Guessing all roads are closed early doors and it's carnage to go by any other means or to get to a few places to cheer people on.

A query on the marathon in April, is it a met to Old Trafford job? Guessing all roads are closed early doors and it's carnage to go by any other means or to get to a few places to cheer people on.
Pretty much mate, in the october one I got the met, didnt fancy trying to look for a space near the cricket ground. The route kind of strangles a lot of the potential parking place so you would have to wait until the whole thing was over.
Only place I can think of is maybe salford quays?

Pretty much mate, in the october one I got the met, didnt fancy trying to look for a space near the cricket ground. The route kind of strangles a lot of the potential parking place so you would have to wait until the whole thing was over.
Only place I can think of is maybe salford quays?

theirs a half or full marathon down there in April?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.