Running thread

Got out over the South West Coast Path running from Lulworth Cove - Durdle door and finally to the Smugglers inn in Osmington for a nice hilly 20k run.

Noted a few markers along my running route and it transpired I had stumbled on an ultra event. One poor bloke, chased me down and when I explained I was not racing, the energy drained out of him.

Later on I got greeted to a round of applause from a packed pub beer garden which was a bit uncomfortable when I ran straight into the pub, bought a coke and then went and sat in the beer garden where the applause came from.

96th Parkrun today.

wish I didn’t have so many bdays,work events and other piss ups coming up.
Would love to have really trained for a PB on my 100th

I’m in a similar position to you. I did my 89th this morning. Going to try and get to 100 this year and would be nice to mark the occasion with a PB. Can’t see it happening unfortunately.

Reactions: ob
Post a review Gaz and tag me. Just got a pair of zero drop Altra Superior 5s. Want to transition to zero drops or at least make my legs a little more versatile and injury resistant.
Will do bud, initial views are good, which is strange for hokas as usually they get tried on and then sent back!! I was promised these would be good by a pal that is sponsored by hoka and did an ultra in them as a test run for hoka, I'm not at that level, but they seemed to survive the walk to the beer shop, will keep you posted

Will do bud, initial views are good, which is strange for hokas as usually they get tried on and then sent back!! I was promised these would be good by a pal that is sponsored by hoka and did an ultra in them as a test run for hoka, I'm not at that level, but they seemed to survive the walk to the beer shop, will keep you posted

Yes but most importantly did you get to the beer shop quicker aided by the carbon plate technology?

Same here. Bit of an eye opener seeing a few of the elite ultra runners yeserday. Like I said one caught up with me and he was 50k in (50k to go) on a ridiculously hilly route and was running 5:30ks. Incredible what some people achieve.

Got out over the South West Coast Path running from Lulworth Cove - Durdle door and finally to the Smugglers inn in Osmington for a nice hilly 20k run.

Noted a few markers along my running route and it transpired I had stumbled on an ultra event. One poor bloke, chased me down and when I explained I was not racing, the energy drained out of him.

Later on I got greeted to a round of applause from a packed pub beer garden which was a bit uncomfortable when I ran straight into the pub, bought a coke and then went and sat in the beer garden where the applause came from.
Lovely spot, guy from work taking part in some event over 2 days down there. I thought was walking something like 50 or 60k over 2 days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.