Russia 2018 ?

I wouldn't go if you paid me TC!

They shouldn't be hosting it; corruption, violent fans and racism are just 3 things that come to mind why they shouldn't be hosting it

Not even mentioning England always raise my hopes and then crush them anyway

Always dreamt of going to the world cup, now ive actually got the money to do it look where the next 2 are! Fuck that

Off your head if you go over there. Their fans will have Carte Blanche to do whatever they want and anyone arrested would not want to face life in a Russian jail for any amount of time.

I've visited Russia a couple of times. It is not a friendly place. Our hotel advised us to only take small sums of cash out and perhaps leave our phones behind at night.
We had no trouble, but trouble only seemed minutes away a lot of the time. We rarely got change in bars or clubs. Taxi drivers took us where they wanted.

As some of said, the younger more Western Russians were lovely and very helpful, but nearly all advised caution.

The hotels are very expensive, I beliebe they're waving visa requirements though.

It could be a complete disaster of a tournament, it's disgusting that a country with such obvious violence, homophobic and racial tendencies are actually being rewarded.

These Euros have just confirmed what everyone knew. Yes England fans have more than few dickheads amongst them, but they're not organised gangs specifically looking for trouble.
Your average drunk England hooligan with shirt off will sing some moronic songs, throw a chair or two. But they're not evil in their behaviour, idiotic yes.
These Russians are indescriminent violent thugs. Other countries won't have fans capable of looking after themselves.

Countries like the USA, Japan, South Korea or those of the African or Latin American nations will have litterally no idea what they're letting themselves in for.

I was in Saint Petersburg last September ,its run by the Mafia and on every street corner there are 3/4 Russian Navy ,Army personel probably the same organised ones running around Marseille.Could not wait to leave and would never go back .If they hear a British voice you should see the look on their faces,I can only imagine the place when our lot turn up,Its really does not bear thinking about !.DON'T GO !

it just wants one top country to come out and say fuck em were boycotting and i think there would be a chain reaction of counties joining in.and those boycotting could have some sort of tournament elswhere

putin won't let it happen,some bloke on Talksport earlier caught a bit of it,the Russian secret police said they will go down for 15 years if there caught rioting.

With the rumours of a planned attack on the Welsh and England fans on Thursday. I really hope no one gets hurt and that they get chucked out of the competition. The pressure would be on FIFA to move the World Cup then and no better place than England to host it, the possibility of having Twikenham, Wembley, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, the millennium stadium, Liverpool, Utd, Sunderland, West Ham and Newcastle all above 50,000 capacity it would be immense.

That's not considering Scotland too with Murrayfield, Hampden park, celtic park and Ibrox.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.