Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yeah you make very good points, but my comment was more about how Putin can sleep at night.

If I personally caused that pain to just 1 family I would find it hard to ever clear my conscience never mind sending 100k to an early grave.
Sadly there are nihilists in charge of too many countries

Russian forces have registered over 100 strikes on Sumy region. Sumy Oblast Governor Dmytro Zhyvytskyi said houses, farm buildings and haystacks were damaged due to the strikes, among which incendiary munition was used. No casualties have been reported.

Slava Ukraini.

Yeah you make very good points, but my comment was more about how Putin can sleep at night.

If I personally caused that pain to just 1 family I would find it hard to ever clear my conscience never mind sending 100k to an early grave.

This is the best explanation I have found for this.

51zITvnvy2L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Hughes is not just concerned with populist demagogues in democracies. He looks at historical examples of autocrats too. His basic theory is that politics is getting increasingly colonised by leaders who exhibit narcissistic, psychopathic and paranoid tendencies to a greater or lesser degree. Putin sleeps at night because he is likely to be a combination of all three.

This is a 15 minute video of Hughes explaining the thesis of his book.

As for how tyrannical leaders manipulate their own citizenry so that they end up being wiling executioners/turkeys voting for Christmas, this old documentary explains the process:

It basically consists of dehumanizing an out-group to the point where you are perfectly willing to commit atrocities against them. Ukrainians = Nazis/Terrorists does the job in Russia.

What is disturbing about the documentary is that it demonstrates how we all might be susceptible, even if we think we are immune. Step 5 is rather chilling in this case as it shows how people were turned against each other in the former Yugoslavia, even those who had been former classmates and teachers.

At Avdiivka direction Russian tanks and artillery shelled Nevelske, Vodiane, Netailove, Krasnohorivka, Novobakhmutivka, New York, Zalizne and Opytne.

Slava Ukraini.

Kramatorsk direction Russian artillery shelled Ivano-Daryivka, Serebrianka, Tetianivka, Hryhorivka, Zvanivka and Rozdolivka.

They are certainly pounding the East.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.