Russian invasion of Ukraine

Hmmm - seeing stuff on twitter from people questioning our military and financial support for Ukraine on cost grounds when we have a cost of living crisis at home - not an impossible reach you may think but a quick click finds most are Brexiteers who were asking why were we ousting Johnson "when there was a war on" - something tells me its a full bot attack
It's a handy excuse, first covid, then Ukraine, to try and excuse the worst government the UK has had for years. Here in Poland, there is no such breakdown of public services, no major cost of living crisis "yet", despite the refugee situation. Not to say it's perfect but looking at the UK from fresh eyes being away for a while it's truly a basket case.

It’s someone who just posts stuff for attention. Click on profile and read his other posts. Flapping about Haaland adapting to English football in the matchday thread and then saying he could score 40 league goals this season, in the performance section in the same afternoon.
There’s a few people on here who post bizarre comments and when you search on their previous posts, it’s quite revealing. Makes you wonder whether they are anti-government agitators, Russian bots or a combination of both.

Hmmm - seeing stuff on twitter from people questioning our military and financial support for Ukraine on cost grounds when we have a cost of living crisis at home - not an impossible reach you may think but a quick click finds most are Brexiteers who were asking why were we ousting Johnson "when there was a war on" - something tells me its a full bot attack
Those pesky Ruskies.

I do wonder how other countries in the EU are coping with all this cost of living crisis, are the French, Germans etc all going out on strike and having their bills go through the roof? Blamimg the brave Ukrainians against a despot is ridiculous, if it takes me cutting back for a few years, well I’ve never been rich so it won’t be a hardship.

That would make any damaged caused through the strikes easier to fix for the orcs then as well . I suspect it may be a main load bearing point or part of the bridge structure that the rest of the bridge relies on to they are trying to weaken . Guessing structural engineers may have been consulted to determine the best strike location . just a thought .
What I mean is the Ukrainians could take out 3 or 4 spans to make the bridge totally US but they seem to be concentrating on a couple of spans near the east bank of the river Dinipro and the ground either side where the pontoons dock. Totally effective at denying the bride and river crossing to the Russians to provide the volume of supplies needed.

It's a handy excuse, first covid, then Ukraine, to try and excuse the worst government the UK has had for years. Here in Poland, there is no such breakdown of public services, no major cost of living crisis "yet", despite the refugee situation. Not to say it's perfect but looking at the UK from fresh eyes being away for a while it's truly a basket case.
Inflation in Poland last month was worse than the UK at 15.6%

I suggest you are totally wrong.

Last edited:

The Daily Mail online 'Comments' section is like that too. I occasionally post on there to inspire the gammony ones to fulminate and author vexed replies that I almost never read (you get an e-mail notification when someone does).

Would imagine that the Daily Express is the same.

When the Brexit vote was imminent the now defunct but formerly very active TES (Times Educational Supplement) forum was infested by what was almost certainly trolls from the St Petersburg farms.

Peter Pomerantsev's excellent book This is not Propaganda goes into this (Russian attempts to influence elections via social media), as does Yale historian Tim Snyder in The Road to Unfreedom.

Slava Ukraini!

Last edited:
I do wonder how other countries in the EU are coping with all this cost of living crisis, are the French, Germans etc all going out on strike and having their bills go through the roof? Blamimg the brave Ukrainians against a despot is ridiculous, if it takes me cutting back for a few years, well I’ve never been rich so it won’t be a hardship.
I'm wondering how life is for Russian citizens? I thought all the sanctions imposed on Russia would start a revelution to overthrow putin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.