Russian invasion of Ukraine

Another historical fact. We invented concentration camps during the Boer War.
Thats incorrect. The Spanish invented concentration camps in the war of independence in Cuba in 1895. It was called reconcentración.

I'm begining to think that the west may be doing a deal with Russia on ending this war. Something along the lines of withdrawal with enhanced regional assembly powers given to Luhansk, Donnetsk and Crimea with the ability to call plebiscites on union with Russia in 15-20 years time.
There is a lot of mood music from big businesses who have links to Russia in recent times also Russia has stopped sending troops into UKraine.
I only think Ukraine will agree if Ukraine is admitted to the EU and NATO as guarantees. There will be big issues yet to resolve WRT war crimes and compensation so any deal will be very very difficult.
I can't see how Putin can continue as Russian leader either.
That's no solution as Russia will continue to interfere. It just kicks the can down the road. It's like the Rheinland and Sudetenland re-visited. Russia has to accept, via a cast-iron mechanism, that those areas are legally Ukrainian for eternity.

Last edited:
Thats incorrect. The Spanish invented concentration camps in the war of independence in Cuba in 1895. It was called reconcentración.

I'm sure that even before that the enemies of the state weren't just slaughtered when captured and they were interned in some fashion.

Last edited:
Wasn’t a certainty according to a couple of dozen people at the start of this thread. Go back and give yourself a laugh reading it. Where are they now?
Heh.

Cleavers was obviously well placed to know what was coming.

Mrs JASR was similarly well placed back in early January 2020 to know what was going to happen regarding the outbreak of covid. - still came as a shock when we went into lockdown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.