Russian invasion of Ukraine

Been thinking about a few things:
Wonder why the recent advance came to a halt. Shame the Russians didn’t scurry right the way back into Russia.
There hasn’t been any high-ranking generals killed for a while now. Do you think the Russians have become a bit more savvy with their communications?
If the Ukrainians are benefiting from top intelligence reports from U.S. satellite images and from western military leaders/strategists then why isn’t the war over already? The Russians are a disorganised rabble by many accounts I’ve read. Maybe there’s a bigger game at play here - like prolonging the war in order to bring Russia to its knees and to affect regime change? I’d much rather it be over asap with the Russians humiliated but maybe that won’t bring about the desired ultimate outcome the west would like.

Been thinking about a few things:
Wonder why the recent advance came to a halt. Shame the Russians didn’t scurry right the way back into Russia.
There hasn’t been any high-ranking generals killed for a while now. Do you think the Russians have become a bit more savvy with their communications?
If the Ukrainians are benefiting from top intelligence reports from U.S. satellite images and from western military leaders/strategists then why isn’t the war over already? The Russians are a disorganised rabble by many accounts I’ve read. Maybe there’s a bigger game at play here - like prolonging the war in order to bring Russia to its knees and to affect regime change? I’d much rather it be over asap with the Russians humiliated but maybe that won’t bring about the desired ultimate outcome the west would like.
It hasn't come to a halt, it has slowed down, which is to be expected.

The Russians are still being hammered, and losing large amounts of troops all over.

It will be a lot more attritional for a while now, of not until the end.

It hasn't come to a halt, it has slowed down, which is to be expected.

The Russians are still being hammered, and losing large amounts of troops all over.

It will be a lot more attritional for a while now, of not until the end.

Makes perfect sense too. No need to copy the Russians in pushing on too far from the supply lines and support troops.

Makes perfect sense too. No need to copy the Russians in pushing on too far from the supply lines and support troops.
Exactly this, the worst thing an army can do is try to advance without a reliable and robust supply line. I would think they are building this up before they press on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.