Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's odd to me that if the Rooskies are planning on mobilisation and age appropriate russian men are en masse fleeing Russia at various airports, why isn't the FSB gathering them all up at the airports? Best place to nab them, i'd have thought.
yeh,i dont get this, all Putin has to do is stop the flights and close the boarders to foot and car traffic

You don't want to be near where they land when firing them. I'm sure they could launch them from within Russian legal borders. Don't know what range these nucs have though, and whether Ukraine has the capability to take them out before launch
From a quick read it seems the smaller ones ( 100kt ) can be fitted to there Kalibr cruise missiles, about 2500km range.
But if what is being reported a lot of those get shot down now so may not be considered a realiable delivery method.

Seems like the Russian plan it to copy ww2 replace Germany with Ukraine and just send wave after wave of soldiers in to outnumber.
Seem to remember a film Enemy at the Gates when the Russians basically ran at the Germans with very few weapons basically as the man in front died you picked up his weapon and ran until you got shot rinse and repeat if you turned round the officers shot you!

yeh,i dont get this, all Putin has to do is stop the flights and close the boarders to foot and car traffic
Optics, I would imagine. Even their insidious propaganda machine would have a hard time explaining hundreds being detained at airports; when the 'official' narrative is that every conscript is willing to martyr themselves for the Fatherland.

Seem to remember a film Enemy at the Gates when the Russians basically ran at the Germans with very few weapons basically as the man in front died you picked up his weapon and ran until you got shot rinse and repeat if you turned round the officers shot you!
jeeze frontline battle plans from the 16th century,no wonder there is a mass stampede to get out of Russia

That's what happening in Donetsk region at this moment. Wave attacks. All those poor fuckers go there.

And that is what Russian warfare was based around outnumbering the enemy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.