Russian invasion of Ukraine

I think this is very awkward for NATO and US intelligence. US forces have spent decades and fortunes updating their arms to keep ahead of Russia.

Now there's probably less need as the Russian Army is tin pot.

I think their real threat long term will be China and that will be enough to justify their defence spending.

This 'war' has shown that the old strategies really don't cut the mustard anymore, it's all about investment in modern technology.

I would normally remind people that this is Putin's war, and that the average Russian probably hates him as much as we do. That the Russian people in general are decent people just trying to live their lives.

The only problem i've got is that i've yet to meet a decent Russian in real life. The ones i've met so far are absolute twats. I thought it might be because the main ones i've met are through my work. And they tend to be wealthy etc.

I try to look through propaganda, and just see the human costs. But i'm sorry, i just cannot see anything decent about the entire Russian population. They have been totally ruined by generation after generation of state control. That state control they have been happily supporting when it suited their needs.

It's too late that they are now rising up against the war. They were happy when it didn't affect them directly.
My only regret is that those who have committed war crimes will never get punished unless the entire Russian regime collapses.

So still little sympathy for the cannon fodder being sent to their deaths...

And to think that people feared the russian army. To be fair and from what we've seen so far, they are an embarrasing rag tag outfit propped up with false bluster and propaganda. The russian population are no better, an utter embarrasment, despised throughout the world and tarnished for generations.
Could just change russian to Scouse and post in the Liverpool thread .?

Who’s signed the City shirt?
The shirt is Mahrez....top 2 boots are Aguero,when he was No 16 and Sterling,down from that is a hat Messi wore after a Copa Del Ray win,thats next to a Kompany captains armband....then bottom is a Ossie Ardiles,Messi and for some reason,a fuckin John Barnes boot.
All signed.

Slava Ukraini.

The shirt is Mahrez....top 2 boots are Aguero,when he was No 16 and Sterling,down from that is a hat Messi wore after a Copa Del Ray win,thats next to a Kompany captains armband....then bottom is a Ossie Ardiles,Messi and for some reason,a fuckin John Barnes boot.
All signed.

Slava Ukraini.
I should have guessed from the 26!

I would normally remind people that this is Putin's war, and that the average Russian probably hates him as much as we do. That the Russian people in general are decent people just trying to live their lives.

The only problem i've got is that i've yet to meet a decent Russian in real life. The ones i've met so far are absolute twats. I thought it might be because the main ones i've met are through my work. And they tend to be wealthy etc.

I try to look through propaganda, and just see the human costs. But i'm sorry, i just cannot see anything decent about the entire Russian population. They have been totally ruined by generation after generation of state control. That state control they have been happily supporting when it suited their needs.

It's too late that they are now rising up against the war. They were happy when it didn't affect them directly.
My only regret is that those who have committed war crimes will never get punished unless the entire Russian regime collapses.

So still little sympathy for the cannon fodder being sent to their deaths...
Totally get what you're saying but.... propaganda and being brainwashed are things that it are very difficult to counter. I think the Russian people can only hear what their saviour (the State) tells them.

I know a couple of Russians who are westernised and even they believe Putin is doing what he is doing in the name of saving their "glorious" country.

I am pleased to see that this worm is definitely beginning to turn though. I cannot hate the Russian people... just the people at the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.