Russian invasion of Ukraine

They’ve used loads of bombers? We saw loads of Tu-160 and Tu-94 sightings early in the war launching cruise missiles.
I can’t remember seeing anything about the ‘big’ ones, since the early days of the invasion.

I’m guessing that along with their navy, ‘numbers of units’ does not equal ‘number of units that are in a state to be used’

Last edited:
I can’t remember seeing anything about the ‘big’ ones, since the early days of the invasion.

The Russians never ended up getting air superiority which has enabled Ukraine to come back at them. The air defence systems they have been provided with by NATO have helped massively with that. As it gets to winter both sides won’t be able to move artillery and rocket systems round the battlefield as easily, wonder if the F16s they have been promised will come into play dropping bombs on Russian positions.

The Russians never ended up getting air superiority which has enabled Ukraine to come back at them. The air defence systems they have been provided with by NATO have helped massively with that. As it gets to winter both sides won’t be able to move artillery and rocket systems round the battlefield as easily, wonder if the F16s they have been promised will come into play dropping bombs on Russian positions.
Are they getting F16’s ? I know it’s possibly the simplest western fighter/ground attack aircraft, but it’s still very different to the soviet/Russian aircraft their infrastructure, training and actual pilots are used to.
I thought some of the Eastern European nations were giving ukraine some of their soviet/Russian planes/spares/weapons?

Are they getting F16’s ? I know it’s possibly the simplest western fighter/ground attack aircraft, but it’s still very different to the soviet/Russian aircraft their infrastructure, training and actual pilots are used to.
I thought some of the Eastern European nations were giving ukraine some of their soviet/Russian planes/spares/weapons?
USA training Ukrainian pilots for sometime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.