Russian invasion of Ukraine

I think Illia's wrong on this. Putin's not wasted those missiles, he's just used them in the war back home.

Destroying the Kerch bridge did him a lot of damage in Russia and had the talking heads speaking out of line and rumours of big divisions in the Kremlin. The retaliation was cheered by the Russian public and bought him a few days of positive coverage and chest beating.

Russia has launched over 4,000 missiles by this point, they're obviously not that effective in the war, and Ukraine has protected it's strategic targets so well that most missiles aimed at legitimate targets are being shot down these days.

I think hitting the German embassy was an incredible decision. That's the one I don't understand, it's such a massive risk.

I think hitting the German embassy was an incredible decision. That's the one I don't understand, it's such a massive risk.
I cant believe they were aiming for that. They're probably so ill-informed they didn't even know it was there.

I have to say the decision of OPEC to back Russia and cut oil Production is a bit of a stab in the back for Ukraine and the west. The fact that the UAE is happy with this is also not at all good.
Makes you wonder why we supported them against Iraq and Iran for decades?
If I was Biden, I'd suspend the sale of Patriot Missile systems to Saudi Arabia agreed in early August to make them think a bit.
In light of the UAE leaders trip to Russia, it would appear that one of the topics being discussed is the re flagging of more Russian oil tankers so they can avoid sanctions. A deal was done between a Dubai company and Sovcomflot back in July(?) to get insurance in India and this would appear to enhance this deal at a state level.
If UAE wants to be sanctioned then that, i would suggest is a good way to go about it.
Dark days for our Football club if this turns out to be true.

Last edited:
In light of the UAE leaders trip to Russia, it would appear tgat one of the topics being discussed is the re flagging of Russian oil tankers so they can avoid sanctions. If UAE wants to be sanctioned that is a a good way to go about it.
Dark days for our Football club if this turns out go be true.

There's certainly not going to be much reputation laundering at City or Newcastle when we're getting 3 hour blackouts and people are freezing to death this winter because the UAE & Saudi Arabia have decided to keep oil prices so high.

Sky news comments were chilling this morning.....we need to industrialise the war and beat Russia or we are under huge threat. We are not in a peace situation anymore.

Sounds like full scale war looming to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.