Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sky news comments were chilling this morning.....we need to industrialise the war and beat Russia or we are under huge threat. We are not in a peace situation anymore.

Sounds like full scale war looming to me.
Watching this, as it unfolds, I have been saying for at least 3 months that what is due to all of us is coming. My mother, bless her insists to not speak of such things. We are at war so to speak, it's only the defence mechanism built after WW2 and the Cold War that has kept us out of the conflict until now. NATO, is the best example I can give. It's quite clear the infiltration of Putin's cancer in Europe and worldwide has made it quite difficult to defeat them with conventional support.

The dies were cast when the support for Ukraine was given to an accelerated volume back in Feb, and it will continue to grow ( hopefully ). I am not saying this means we'll all go to the recruitment centres soon or ever. But if we are all to truly digest the situation, objectively I cannot see how all the blocks ( EU and NATO ) and the world for that matter will not get involved with a country not only on the Nuclear Super Power list, but very clearly with a leadership group which has cut all its ties with humanity and the basic ideology of a functional society as us "the west" understand and apply it. This is a terror group with actual WMD's ( lol to Blair) which has continually degraded our standard of life, our safety, the global economy, and has no intention to stop.

I honestly cannot see any way out, but NATO intervention, locally of course, followed by regime collapse, or regime collapse followed by NATO intervention. To quote LOTR. " There is no way out".

Watching this, as it unfolds, I have been saying for at least 3 months that what is due to all of us is coming. My mother, bless her insists to not speak of such things. We are at war so to speak, it's only the defence mechanism built after WW2 and the Cold War that has kept us out of the conflict until now. NATO, is the best example I can give. It's quite clear the infiltration of Putin's cancer in Europe and worldwide has made it quite difficult to defeat them with conventional support.

The dies were cast when the support for Ukraine was given to an accelerated volume back in Feb, and it will continue to grow ( hopefully ). I am not saying this means we'll all go to the recruitment centres soon or ever. But if we are all to truly digest the situation, objectively I cannot see how all the blocks ( EU and NATO ) and the world for that matter will not get involved with a country not only on the Nuclear Super Power list, but very clearly with a leadership group which has cut all its ties with humanity and the basic ideology of a functional society as us "the west" understand and apply it. This is a terror group with actual WMD's ( lol to Blair) which has continually degraded our standard of life, our safety, the global economy, and has no intention to stop.

I honestly cannot see any way out, but NATO intervention, locally of course, followed by regime collapse, or regime collapse followed by NATO intervention. To quote LOTR. " There is no way out".
Not sure it's that bleak. It's the equivalent of Scotland winning independence and existing as a free county for 30 years and then England failing to take it back with military force. Putin has exposed his weakness. He's in a position now where if he withdraws his regime is over s he has no choice but to keep fighting a losing war. That will only go on for so long. Russian propaganda can only go so far. The elite in Moscow know the truth. Every week that goes by Putin losses a bit more credibility. At some point something will give. We just have to wait and see.

Not sure it's that bleak. It's the equivalent of Scotland winning independence and existing as a free county for 30 years and then England failing to take it back with military force. Putin has exposed his weakness. He's in a position now where if he withdraws his regime is over s he has no choice but to keep fighting a losing war. That will only go on for so long. Russian propaganda can only go so far. The elite in Moscow know the truth. Every week that goes by Putin losses a bit more credibility. At some point something will give. We just have to wait and see.
It's not that bleak indeed. As i have said certain defence mechanisms that have been built have worked. It's why Bobby and Susie can still go to the shop, and Jerome and Claudio can have some fun on the ski slope.

It is working. For now. On the aspect of regime, I hardly doubt Putin's regime will fall that easily even if he decides to go nuclear, or full Hitler with the stupid declaration of war against the US. You have to realise the true purpose of the propaganda isn't to keep him warm. The damage done to Russia internally is probably a lot bigger than most of us could understand, as we all look at them and think how disengaged they are, that specific coin has two sides. So are we.

Just as in North Korea where kids go to arcades to shoot American soldiers to this day, when you brainwash generations, coddle them in a systemic lie, and use all powers to generate nothing but fear and control the system itself is too strong for a usual internal collapse.

I actually find it funny in how people expect the population to rebel. They won't, anyone with enough grey matter should know by now, only someone with a bigger "schlong" will kill the little nonce. And there is no guarantee he/she will be better.

Not sure where all the new negativity has come from?

A week ago everyone was confident Ukraine was winning the war, the counter offensive was carving up eastern Ukraine, Putin was redrawing the boundaries of his new vassal states daily as they lost ground.

Is one day of missile attacks all it takes to make people feel like this is going terribly?

But but it’s just Putins war…your average Russian is a stand up character. It’s in their DNA, they ain’t right
I must confess I really struggle with this. It goes against everything I believe I hold dear, and of course there are exceptions, and people can’t help the culture into which they are born, but I can’t escape from the notion that there is a streak that runs through an inordinate number of Russians that is malign to its very core. Vain, paranoid, belligerent, dishonest and gullible are the words that spring to mind when I look at the way that many of them project themselves to the world. The fog of war must inform this view to some extent, but I don’t believe overwhelmingly so.

It's not that bleak indeed. As i have said certain defence mechanisms that have been built have worked. It's why Bobby and Susie can still go to the shop, and Jerome and Claudio can have some fun on the ski slope.

It is working. For now. On the aspect of regime, I hardly doubt Putin's regime will fall that easily even if he decides to go nuclear, or full Hitler with the stupid declaration of war against the US. You have to realise the true purpose of the propaganda isn't to keep him warm. The damage done to Russia internally is probably a lot bigger than most of us could understand, as we all look at them and think how disengaged they are, that specific coin has two sides. So are we.

Just as in North Korea where kids go to arcades to shoot American soldiers to this day, when you brainwash generations, coddle them in a systemic lie, and use all powers to generate nothing but fear and control the system itself is too strong for a usual internal collapse.

I actually find it funny in how people expect the population to rebel. They won't, anyone with enough grey matter should know by now, only someone with a bigger "schlong" will kill the little nonce. And there is no guarantee he/she will be better.

If Iranian women can stand up and rebel against a regime that's been brainwashing and killing people for 50 years, the Russians can.

Terrible excuse.

I genuinely don't think people realise just how close we are to an escalated conflict.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.