Russian invasion of Ukraine

If Iranian women can stand up and rebel against a regime that's been brainwashing and killing people for 50 years, the Russians can.

Terrible excuse.
I'm not making excuses, my argument is born out of the fact that the populace is:

A. Completely disengaged.
B. Brainwashed.
C. Cowardice and Without Backbone.
D. With actual contempt toward us as a block.

I despise Russians more than most, as someone born in East Europe.

There's certainly not going to be much reputation laundering at City or Newcastle when we're getting 3 hour blackouts and people are freezing to death this winter because the UAE & Saudi Arabia have decided to keep oil prices so high.
The UAE always has been and always will be Saudi Arabia’s little woman.

Not sure it's that bleak. It's the equivalent of Scotland winning independence and existing as a free county for 30 years and then England failing to take it back with military force. Putin has exposed his weakness. He's in a position now where if he withdraws his regime is over s he has no choice but to keep fighting a losing war. That will only go on for so long. Russian propaganda can only go so far. The elite in Moscow know the truth. Every week that goes by Putin losses a bit more credibility. At some point something will give. We just have to wait and see.
Wait and see means watching while a country and it’s people are being destroyed (turning our backs) that’s NATO only allowing Ukraine to defend rather than attack.

Wait and see means watching while a country and it’s people are being destroyed (turning our backs) that’s NATO only allowing Ukraine to defend rather than attack.

Why would Ukraine want to attack?

They've already had free reign to attack strategic targets across the border inside Russia, they can attack targets in occupied Ukraine.

Attacking Moscow doesn't help Ukraine get it's independence.

Turning this from repelling an invasion into a 2 way war wouldn't help anything.

But but it’s just Putins war…your average Russian is a stand up character. It’s in their DNA, they ain’t right

Right. Russians are genetic freaks.

Seriously, if there's one lesson history tells us, it's that people are the same everywhere. Britons are not exceptional. Black people are not inferior.

If you put the UK population in the same environment and with the same history as the Russians, we'd behave in the same way.

Demonising the average Russian as subhuman is exactly what the Russian leadership has been doing to Ukrainians. It doesn't end well.

We are no closer than we were a month ago or 3 months ago.
I agree, and to answer to your comment regarding negativity, I am very happy for their victories, I read and watch day and night, and pray despite not being a religious person.

As i have stated above however it would be childish to assume this war is going to go from, breakthrough to breakthrough with Ukraine chilling in Crimea in 2023 and Putin beheaded ISIS style in the Kremlin.

I sincerely believe the worse is yet to come based on historical behaviour both of terrorist organisation and dictatorships when their system begins to fail.

Desperation, fear, and madness are not an easy thing to just brush off.

The United States has donated almost double the amount of aid the European Union has promised as a whole, new data shows.

Between 24 January and 3 October, the US has committed to €52.3bn in aid.

This compares to €29.2bn from EU countries and institutions.

The UK has provided €6.65bn - making it the second highest contributing country.

I agree, and to answer to your comment regarding negativity, I am very happy for their victories, I read and watch day and night, and pray despite not being a religious person.

As i have stated above however it would be childish to assume this war is going to go from, breakthrough to breakthrough with Ukraine chilling in Crimea in 2023 and Putin beheaded ISIS style in the Kremlin.

I sincerely believe the worse is yet to come based on historical behaviour both of terrorist organisation and dictatorships when their system begins to fail.

Desperation, fear, and madness are not an easy thing to just brush off.

Can you name a dictator that went out with a bang and tried to kill everyone?

Putin is probably the world's wealthiest man and he's not going to be in a bunker waiting for the allied troops to roll in and make him face the music (and hangman). If the end comes and he's getting kicked out, he'll be given the opportunity to slink off into the Russian countryside and avoid justice for the rest of his life and he'll probably take that and live like all his Oligarch mates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.