Russian invasion of Ukraine

While we’re on the subject of Musk supporting despotic regimes by churning out propaganda this went criminally underreported in the Uk last week.

Elon has sided with China over Taiwan and thinks they should invade and annex the island.

Why would he say such a stupid thing?

Why am I not surprised.

So following his idiotic "peace plan" that rewarded Russian aggression that was gleefully latched on to by Kremlin propagandists he is now favouring the autocracy in the China/Taiwan dispute.

I have no evidence to prove it but I reckon that the use of SpaceX by Ukraine has barely cost Musk a penny and it's more likely he's profited from it.

Anyone who knows anything at all about Musk will know that it's all about himself. Trump levels of narcissism.

Thats more a list of grants they have had over time ( not in question ) rather than mentioning the specific point being raised about the Starlinks in Ukraine.
It's been funded by the US taxpayers mate to set it up, the US are overwhelmingly on Ukraine's side. The satellites are up there anyway, he can give a bit back.

Why am I not surprised.

So following his idiotic "peace plan" that rewarded Russian aggression that was gleefully latched on to by Kremlin propagandists he is now favouring the autocracy in the China/Taiwan dispute.

I have no evidence to prove it but I reckon that the use of SpaceX by Ukraine has barely cost Musk a penny and it's more likely he's profited from it.

Anyone who knows anything at all about Musk will know that it's all about himself. Trump levels of narcissism.

He's certainly gone that way in the last 5/6 years. Originally you could see his Mars colony plans in everything he did ( Solar, Tesla, SpaceX, Boring Company. every one moving tech forward for getting to Mars and setting up a functioning colony ). that seems to have taken a back seat to epic levels of bullshit.

It's been funded by the US taxpayers mate to set it up, the US are overwhelmingly on Ukraine's side. The satellites are up there anyway, he can give a bit back.

The fact that his businesses have been subsided up the yazoo isn't in question. There are claims on here that the Starlinks to Ukraine have been fully funded ( units and security ) and cost the SpaceX business nothing. I was asking for actual evidence of that specific claim.

The fact that his businesses have been subsided up the yazoo isn't in question. There are claims on here that the Starlinks to Ukraine have been fully funded ( units and security ) and cost the SpaceX business nothing. I was asking for actual evidence of that specific claim.
Don't have the accounts grunge but I'd say if you took the US subsidies and subtracted them then against the running costs of supporting Ukraine there'd be a fair imbalance.

Don't have the accounts grunge but I'd say if you took the US subsidies and subtracted them then against the running costs of supporting Ukraine there'd be a fair imbalance.

So, Nasa pays SpaceX billions to launch stuff and get starship/super heavy going as its key to Nasa's plans for the moon and the like.. Is it right that that chunks of that money then gets spent on cyber security for Starlink?

Funding and grants are for very specific things rather than generic pots of cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.