Russian invasion of Ukraine

While I dont agree that Ukraine should get an instant promotion into the cup I do think Iran should be blocked from attending.

the fair way would be to promote the closest up

My point still stands though mate, who decides who can't go? I can guarantee that if we had a UN style vote there would be vetoes flying everywhere.

Sport and politics shouldn't mix but as we know that Horse bolted a long time ago.

How many World Cup Finals have been held in nations which a the time were dictatorships / run by military / undemocratic?

My point still stands though mate, who decides who can't go? I can guarantee that if we had a UN style vote there would be vetoes flying everywhere.

Sport and politics shouldn't mix but as we know that Horse bolted a long time ago.
I used to believe that, and whilst there are good arguments why other countries should be barred, let’s just zero in on the facts here:

Iran is helping Russia direct flying robots in an attempt to kill civilians and knock out their infrastructure.

Also, some of Iran’s football rules are in direct contravention of a FIFA article relating to who can attend football matches. This is a lesser issue for me at the moment, but let’s throw it in there anyway.

Obviously, Iran are not exactly treating their own citizens well at the moment either.

They shouldn’t be at the World Cup. If Russia are banned, why not Iran?

The Ukrainian offensive seems to have slowed down the past couple of weeks.
Have the Russians actually come up with a plan to stop them?

BBC reporting Ruskies are reinforcing Kherson city with more troops and the previously reported exodus was a bluff. There’s going to be some serious blood-letting on both sides sadly as the battle for Kherson unfolds.

The Ukrainian offensive seems to have slowed down the past couple of weeks.
Have the Russians actually come up with a plan to stop them?
I dont think they have mate,just opinion.
10 settlements in Kherson Region were liberated on Saturday and Sunday alone.
Another push going on in Luhansk Region.
Some brutal battles also in Donetsk Region.......BOTH sides taking big losses.

Slava Ukraini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.