Russian invasion of Ukraine

Personally i think it unlikely the Ukrainians are considering using a crudely made nuclear device in a war they are already winning.

More likely the Russians are preparing the narrative of denial afterwards by projecting before using a Nuclear weapon to try stop advancing Ukrainian forces..
IF THIS^^^
This will be a US/NATO red Line crossed.And highly likely escalate the regional conflict in to a full blown World Regional war.Quite possibly a nuclear war.

US has already warned Russia it will sink its Black Sea fleet as part of the retaliation.And directly hit Russian forces.US 101st Airborne Division is already just miles from Ukraine border.

Ukraine crisis is at dangerous tipping point.
THEN THIS^^^

@Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese
“The problem with the U.S. is it has a sort of Liverpudlian always offended, never ashamed defense/foreign policy - they can encircle China or push eastwards across Europe for the good of global security and world peace.”

Which part have you not enjoyed? The global security or the world peace.

As for “they,” are you saying that the US is an occupying force in Western Europe and in “encircling” China???

Fuck me, that’s a Stretch Armstrong move!!

No need for a “Thank you,” you’re welcome!

“The problem with the U.S. is it has a sort of Liverpudlian always offended, never ashamed defense/foreign policy - they can encircle China or push eastwards across Europe for the good of global security and world peace.”

As for “they,” are you saying that the US is an occupying force in Western Europe and in “encircling” China???

Who'd have thought it, economic and diplomatic stability and openness mean that peace itself is threatening to non-democratic states. He's merely managed to consider that in the light of a mind that says this is nothing whatsoever to do with flaws in the non-democratic states. Because they really are very unfortunate, aren't they, pursuing an even more flawed path than us. No other choice open to their leaders, whatsoever.

This political type stuff is approachable for normal minds, I'm sure of it. But then again... not every mind? No. That's wrong. Better to say, no one person can really do all of it. We're all wrong, in different ways, about different parts.

Hmm. Anyone would think Democracy was a half baked but remarkably sturdy way of countries coping with that. Hell, that might be why I still manage to take a pride in the UK, despite hating every single leader and disagreeing very profoundly with every political manifesto I've ever read and every methodology I've ever encountered.

BBC reporting Ruskies are reinforcing Kherson city with more troops and the previously reported exodus was a bluff. There’s going to be some serious blood-letting on both sides sadly as the battle for Kherson unfolds.

If Putin orders in 500k under equipped and untrained mobiks the only thing that’s likely to come under too much strain is Ukraine’s ability to bury all the corpses.

@ChicagoBlue This thread is about Ukraine and an invasion but I will touch on the subject of the U.S. I would say they are the best of a bad bunch. The Iran Contra affair, Panama, Iraq are a few examples that show they do not seek peace and stability.

@ChicagoBlue This thread is about Ukraine and an invasion but I will touch on the subject of the U.S. I would say they are the best of a bad bunch. The Iran Contra affair, Panama, Iraq are a few examples that show they do not seek peace and stability.

No but they favor American interests.

And the #1 interest for America long term is water/ food security.

- Ukraine is the bread basket of Europe.
- If Russians take over Ukraine they can use food as a weapon.
- Europe isn't poor.
- They can afford to buy food and say fuck you to Russia!

- But this will mean food that we grow in America will be sold in Europe at exorbitant prices!

- Hence Americans will be the ones hurting as they won't have access to cheap food.

Hell we're complaining about not having dollar meals at McDonalds anymore.

So it is very much in American interests to make sure Ukraine isn't in Russian hands.. and you can transpose that about Taiwan and semiconductors too.

If anything food is more important since you eat everyday vs semiconductors you buy once every 4-5 years unless you buy new phones every year!

No but they favor American interests.

And the #1 interest for America long term is water/ food security.

- Ukraine is the bread basket of Europe.
- If Russians take over Ukraine they can use food as a weapon.
- Europe isn't poor.
- They can afford to buy food and say fuck you to Russia!

- But this will mean food that we grow in America will be sold in Europe at exorbitant prices!

- Hence Americans will be the ones hurting as they won't have access to cheap food.

Hell we're complaining about not having dollar meals at McDonalds anymore.

So it is very much in American interests to make sure Ukraine isn't in Russian hands.. and you can transpose that about Taiwan and semiconductors too.

If anything food is more important since you eat everyday vs semiconductors you buy once every 4-5 years unless you buy new phones every year!
I disagree. The number one interest for America is America which is why I quoted the conflicts that I did.
I am not anti American but the phrase 'the world's policeman' makes me think of the metropolitan police here in the UK. A hell of a lot of good guys but some right bent pieces of shit in there as well.

If this thread IS about Ukraine & Russia, I’d say it’s neither a deflection nor a distraction to state that the USA is currently showing itself to be the best friend Ukraine has “in Europe,” as it conducts exercises on the border and sends billions upon billions in aid!

Indeed, one wonders why Putin really wants a country he is trying to destroy? Buffer against the U.S. led NATO expansion to old Soviet satellites, perhaps?

While the “security operation” is clearly a Russian aggression against Ukraine, one cannot be so myopic, or naive, as to believe that is the beginning and end of it.

I’m proud of the support being given by my not inconsiderable tax dollars, and hope it helps on pushing Putin back to the Russian border.

However, external support is one thing, but I’m astounded at the courage and bravery of the Ukrainian people for standing strong in the face of the evil Putin is exercising on their lands, their homes and their loved ones.

Julia Ioffe has spoken extensively about Putin and says he is keenly aware of both his age (70) and that there are millions of people who would love to put a bullet between his eyes, which makes his desire for a return to Russian domination of Central Europe & Asia even more immediate. That makes him even more dangerous than one can imagine, but the world has to stand up to him. Ukrainians are, and it’s amazing to witness, even if only in video snippets and the occasional body cam burst.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.