Russian invasion of Ukraine

@ChicagoBlue This thread is about Ukraine and an invasion but I will touch on the subject of the U.S. I would say they are the best of a bad bunch. The Iran Contra affair, Panama, Iraq are a few examples that show they do not seek peace and stability.
You are wrong in all three cases, but then this is not the place for that.

Surely the thick **** aren't stupid enough to create a black flag and use a dirty bomb? , especially after they've been warned about it.

Wouldn’t be good for the Russian army’s morale to keep fighting in a region where radioactive materials are being used as part of a bomb. The boots on the ground would stop fighting and the leadership in Moscow would come under a lot of pressure back home as well as being completely isolated internationally.

I can only think that Russia believes that by planting the idea that something radioactive is going to happen, it will somehow make the West back off.

We all know that is the one thing that won't happen, so what they hope to achieve, I can't explain.

I can only think that Russia believes that by planting the idea that something radioactive is going to happen, it will somehow make the West back off.

We all know that is the one thing that won't happen, so what they hope to achieve, I can't explain.
The simple answer is that they don’t know what they’re doing.

The simple answer is that they don’t know what they’re doing.
I suppose the answer is, once again, in one of Garry Kasparov's quotes:-

He said that Putin is more of a poker player than a chess player. He has won many games with a weak hand: i.e. by bluffing his opponent into thinking he would do something that he didn't actually have the means to do.

I wonder if Defence Minister Shoigu actually believes what he had to tell the various Foreign ministers yesterday? Imagine having to get on the phone to the US, UK and France and tell them a steaming pile of horses***t that you know they won't believe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.