Russian invasion of Ukraine

You can sort of see why it might annoy you a bit if your enemy (NATO) suddenly pitches up as your next door neighbour. I get the annoyance but rather than move with the times and actually become part of the new world, they chose to take a route that is 80 years old and decided on extreme violence instead. I understand why Russia is the way it is to a degree after the world wars but they have chosen completely the wrong path here and what they are getting now is their own fault for allowing one man to have so much power for so long. Unfortunately China are following a similar path and that is a big concern to the military here particularly.
If Russia wasn't so aggressive to its neighbours and meddling in their affairs they wouldn't feel the need to join NATO - a purely defensive organisation. But hey ho.

Last edited:
I don’t think this was mate. At least that’s the tune being played now. Whilst I’m sure many NATO leaders, nay world leaders, are starting to breathe a sigh of relief I do not believe they would cover this up and say it was anything other than the Russians if it was them.

Be interesting to see what Russia makes of this domestically though through the media and telegraph channels - wouldn’t be surprised to see them indicate it was them a sort of “Russian bear hits Poland who cry to US but US too weak to send troops in” narrative

The propaganda the Russians will peddle is “Ukraine fire missiles into NATO, attempting to frame Russia”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.